2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 11:17 AM by prancinpwney

RX 580 Black screen when gaming PUBG

prancinpwney

First of all thanks for trying to help

Fresh build, everything new 2 weeks before the issue started

All drivers are updated through MSI software and Radeon software and Microsoft

I pretty much bought this thing just for playing Player Unknown's Battle Grounds and so far that's the only time I'm getting the black screen so I'm assuming its happening when the GPU is pushed hard for a while as it hasn't happened while just browsing the web

Was using a 27" no name monitor on HDMI and it was fine while gaming. 2 weeks later my MSI G27C shows up and OBVIOUSLY the first thing I'm going to do is try playing with Freesync enabled. BAM! Monitor turns black but audio and USB inputs are still working several times while gaming.

Specs:

Windows 10

i7 7700k

MSI RX580

SSD boot drive

2tb extra disk

MSI B250M Bazooka MS-7a70

8gb of ram

600w p/s

Let me know what to chase and I'll go for it. My first test is going to be playing PUBG with Freesync turned off

Edit: Okay it happened with freesync off also

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: RX 580 Black screen when gaming PUBG
          amdmatt

Try setting the GPU Power limit at +50% in Wattman and ensuring you are using Crimson 17.7.2.

• Re: RX 580 Black screen when gaming PUBG
              prancinpwney

Oddly enough about 10 minutes after I did that for PUBG's profile wattman it did a brief black screen while just browsing the web for the first time that I can remember. Fairly sure that should be unrelated. I've tried 3 different DP cables all of them did it. Did fresh reinstall of Crimson with DDU last night. I've tried decreasing the freesync range of my monitor to keep the FPS matching as this G27C monitor only has a range of 90-144 and I'm running 60-90 in PUBG but that didn't help prevent the black screen and actually caused the screen to flicker a lot when I dropped it down to 40hz on the low end. I'll try slowly bumping it down from 90 till I get flickering again.