10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2017 4:24 PM by omv421

Issue with Crimson Relive 17.7.2, can't overclock and crashing in games

omv421

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) (Creators Update)

Intel Core i5-4590@3.3 GHz 6MB Cache LGA 1150

ASUS ROG STRIX RX 480 08G GAMING

ASUS Z97-A Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB (4X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3

24-inch 1080p 144Hz LED Gaming Display with Matte Anti-Glare Finish

In GPU-Z, clock and memory read 0 MHz.

g6r.png

GPU Tweak II reads the OC mode as 20% instead of 105%

1.png

Numbers revert back to negative once I click save.

GPU Clock suppose to be at 1330MHz and Memory Clock at 8000MHz.

2.png

This is what it's suppose to look like.

3.png

Playing Overwatch with the new driver

• Crash every ~10mins
      • sometimes computer freezes and I have to manually reboot.
      • rendering device lost
      • GPU temps is the same tho 58°C - 63°C

When I do get to play, FPS is around 50-75 instead of my normal amount of 90-120fps.

• Re: Issue with Crimson Relive 17.7.2, can't overclock and crashing in games
          toptek

I have the same problem but with afterburner and all GPU Tweak II is a forked version of Afterburner . so for now till either AMD or MSI patches it so we can use forks of after burner or afterburner  with the new driver it looks like it is unsafe to use the new driver with or with out  any OC clocking software, it appears we have no control over setting things up right now .

I like the new driver but going back to radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.1-win10-64bit-july17 to be safe .

to add going back to driver version radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.1-win10-64bit-july17 everything works normal .

I have A RX 480 4gb by power color .

omv421

1st Attempt

1. Uninstalled drivers using DDU v17.0.7.2 and GPU Tweak II
            2. Installed drivers only
            3. Still reads 0MHz for GPU and Memory in GPU-Z
            4. still crashes in games
            5. still low fps

2nd Attempt

1. Reinstalled computer completely
            2. Didn't install any 3rd party controllers
            3. Installed latest drivers
            4. Still reads 0MHz for GPU and Memory in GPU-Z
            5. Still having issues

3rd Attempt

1. Reverted back to radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.1-win10-64bit-july17
            2. Everything is back to normal

So, is the driver broken?

(EDIT)

Also like to mention that GPUTweakII Ver1.5.0.5 is running normally with 17.7.1

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              spikeypup

I'm having same issues in 17.7.2, and pretty much had them in 17.7.1 just not so bad, 17.6.2 was stable for me very well, but I really like the new features in 17.7.2, everything is working normal with exception of crashes if that makes sense, but since I am unable to stream and play pretty much anything without crashes just sporadically happening, I will probably go back to 17.6.2 until resolution of the issues.  I only use Wattman, and even on defaults, it's been crashing.  See my other post here (https://community.amd.com/message/2814946#comment-2814946 ) for more details plus crash dumps, reports, and sysinfo.  Hope we can get it all fixed up soon!    Cheeers!

thinkingfingers

I've seen people in the Blizz forums with the same problem for Overwatch. For me, it's micro stutters everywhere and Armored Warfare which crashes anywhere within seconds to a few minutes. Like a lot of people I've rolled back (17.7.1) and things are working again.

lzap

Not just Overwatch, literally every game randomly crashes on my ASUS RX560. Latest Tweak II and ReLive as well.

talingas

Same here. No games crashing, just can't overclock, with wattman or gpu tweak II...

leyvin

Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 has introduced a new AGS API for the Polaris (GCN 4.x) and Vega (GCN 5.x) Graphics Processors, which makes it incompatible with the Legacy AGS API and can result in System Instability when using 3rd Party Applications that allow for Overclocking.

It should be noted that the Optional (Beta) Driver Path is provided for those who are willing to accept that they might cause System Stability Issues and provide Detailed Feedback in order to resolve said issues for the Release (WHQL) Driver Path.

I would further point out that only the Release Driver Path will Automatically Download and Update, where-as the Optional Path will not.

For the moment it should be noted that 17.7.2 is primarily intended as a Developer Preview of the new Tools, Features and Functionality coming with the Vega Release Drivers later this month. (15th August as I recall)

Any GCN 3.0 or Earlier Hardware (i.e. HD 7000, 8000, Rx 200, 300) should remain unaffected.

If you are experiencing issues then please keep in mind that Windows 10 has recently had 3 "Quality" Updates within the past Fortnight... associated with the Creators Update.

It is HIGHLY recommended that after each Windows 10 Milestone release you perform a Windows 10 Reset (available via Settings > Recovery > Reset PC) as there are often Legacy Conflicts that are introduced that can lead to System Instability. Although of course as always be sure to use the AMD Clean Up Utility, Reboot, Fresh Install the Latest AMD Crimson Drivers... as this will resolve most issues.

It is also recommended that you do not use 3rd GPU Tools until they have been able to update to the AGS API, either Disable or Uninstall them for the time being.

At the very least they should be disabled from Windows Start Up (Right-Click Task Bar > Task Manager > Click 'More Details' > Start Up Tab)

Some you might have to manually go into and select "Disable Windows Start Up" via their Settings.

omv421

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 drivers seemed to have fixed my problems.

Fixed GPU Tweak II

Fixed crashing in Overwatch/fps is back to normal ~120fps

Fixed GPUZ (can now read the clocks)