It's on the "vote for features" list, but if your asking for an official answer ?
sorry to be thick but were can I do that , thanks
Click the "star" on the UI, takes you to feedback/vote....".
I think this is worth a watch regarding Enhanced Sync and other features.
I also think the questions that were asked by many different users on the Live Feed Chat at the bottom of that page are really worth a look and are quite interesting.
Unfortunately ... probably due to time constraints, many questions were not answered.
I have asked for a follow up to get some answers here: AMD Presentation of AMD Crimson 17.7.2 release on PC Perspectives.
Back to Enhanced Sync.
My impression of what the AMD representives said the following about Enhanced Sync and the 17.2.2 release.
- Enhanced Sync is only supported in in RX500&400 Series cards.
- Curiously they would not say Enhanced Sync was supported in RX Vega series.
- They said that although AMD Crimson Relive 17.2.2 is a New Feature Release, timed just before Vega Launch, there will still be another
Annual New Feature Release at the End of the year, just like they went from AMD Crimson ~ end 2015 to AMD Crimson ReLive ~ end 2016.
- When asked if older GCN cards would get Enhanced Sync they said that if Users wanted Enhanced Sync in their cards they should vote for it here: https://gaming.radeon.com/en-us/radeonsoftware/feedback/
- They said that features in the above feedback list will be worked on for new releases of Crimson Software in the order of User Feedback Priority, currently Enhanced Sync is at the top of the list.
- I got the impression from their comments that it is very likely that Enhanced Sync will be implemented for older GCN Cards in the next Major Release of AMD Crimson Relive at the end of this year, provided it stays at the top of the list.
I hope this helps.