2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2017 8:55 AM by kloklo

Battlefield 1 no longer works with dx12

bigmender

I have always played BF1 using DX12 as I get a better performance, with my fury X. About a month ago I started the game up and I get a black screen but the menu music plays. I found out this was due to DX12 being enabled, So I can only play BF1 in DX11 which is really annoying as like I said I get better performance with DX12. I always uninstall old drivers properly before installing new drivers, So far havent been able to fin a solution other than playing in DX11. Any help would be much appreciated

• Re: Battlefield 1 no longer works with dx12
          rebelyell

i would call origin support and ask them what happend to dx 12 and the vulkan changes. why dont it work?   seriouusly..

• Re: Battlefield 1 no longer works with dx12
            kloklo

I have the same problem with a r9 290 and fx8320. I have to use ReLive-17.4.2-Apr11 to be able to boot b1 in dx12 mode otherwise I have a black screen with just a mouse cursor from b1 and nothing else. Is there a solution?? Unfortunatelly dx12 gives me the best performance therefore I do not want to use neither revert to dx11 mode.

I want to update my drivers but anything after ReLive-17.4.2-Apr11 does not work with b1 in dx12. I always use ddu and boot in safe mode.

Any help appreciated!