39 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2017 4:43 PM by msigaming

Radeon 17.7.2 doesn't work on my HP notebook with A10-8700P+R7 M360

bossbob88

Hello AMD,

I have a problem with the new 17.7.2 crimson driver on my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook.

Specs:

A10-8700P+R7 M360

Win 10 Pro 64 bit with creators update

Previously, I got this crimson version installed and running:

whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1-feb28.exe

However when I was isntelling this february edition it crashed when the installation finished and I clicked on the button: restart computer. BUT after a reboot the crimson driver and radeon settings were woking.

Now I Installed the 17.7.2 using the raden settings's self updater. Installation process completed, however after install clicking on the restart button of the finished installer window, the program crashed again.

I restarted the notebook and the driver failed to work properly. My resolution was 1270*720 (native is 1080p) and the radeon settings didn't open and I received the error messages about the following missing dlls: Qt5Core.dll; Qt5Qick.dll; Qt5Charts.dll; Qt5Widgets.dll;

I've tried to find these dlls in c:\Windows\System32\ but weren't there. I also tried a fresh reinstall of vcredist_x64 but no effect.

After that, in device manager I switched the GPU driver to the stocj windows one (based on 15.10. version). Then I tried to switch it back to 17.7.2 but It failed and said error code: 43.

After this I rebooted to safe mod and uninstalled every AMD software using DDU. I rebooted normally istalled Radeon 17.7.2 which finished but crashed again when I clicled on restart. After a manual restart I had 720p resolution again and by clicking on radeon settings got this message:

Finally I reinstalled the 17.2.1 which crashed as usual after clickin on reboot, but at least this version works.

Dear AMD what could be the cause of this? Is there a solution, which is not buy intel+nvidia?

Thanks a lot in advance!