3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 8:10 AM by colesdav

BUG: Radeon software 17.7.2 Custom install not installing ReLive

hrjohn

Hi,

So a new update rolled out and I decided to go from 17.4.3 to the latest 17.7.2

Since I didn't want the HDMI Audio driver, I used the Custom Install to save that that little SSD space. After the installation had finished, ReLive was nowhere to be seen. I tried re-installing with the Custom Install. Then I downloaded the Minimal Installer and used the Express install. And as it turned out, the "install ReLive" button is only present after doing an Express install.

original installer: WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.7.2-July26

minimal installer: Radeon-Crimson-ReLive-17.7.2-MinimalSetup-170726_web

system: Win7ultimate64; FX-6300; XFX R9 270X DD; 8GB; ASRock 980DE3 US3

oh and by the way, "www.amd.com/report" gives a 404.

• Re: BUG: Radeon software 17.7.2 Custom install not installing ReLive
          etayorius

I'm having the exact same issue... and also had it with 17.5.1 and even had it with 17.4.2.. and 17.6.1 was completely broken. What i did was install the Web Installer aka the "AMD Minimal Setup" and all of a sudden, the installer worked and relive poped up upon ininstallation. after the install finished i opened up the settings and there it was, Relive fully working... seems to be YET ANOTHER driver Package issue. They must be rushing things out without actually testing them.

• Re: BUG: Radeon software 17.7.2 Custom install not installing ReLive
            colesdav

I had similar issues installing the July 27th version for an i7-4790k/Dual R9 Nano(FuryX) System running Windows 10 yesterday.

I updated Windows 10 to latest patches first.

I was upgrading from AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.4 and updated from the "check for new versions" in the 17.4.4 GUI.

I chose Custom Install.
            Not all of the usual options were present ... only Driver and HDMI updates were shown.
            I selected everything. Once they were installed it asked me to reboot my PC. I rebooted.
            Normally I would have expected to be  asked if I want to install ReLive ... before reboot.

I managed to get AMD Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 to launch but ... not everything was working.

ReLive was missing.
            Chill would not enable in Crossfire for The Witcher 3.

In the end I tried to uninstall AMD Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 using Windows 10 -> Programs -> Uninstall.

Windows 10 refused to uninstall the driver completely (I was running as Admin so I cannot understand why ... possibly a rogue installtion process / thread still running.. ).

In the end I rebooted the PC. I  downloaded amdcleanuputility.exe. ran it and rebooted and downloaded and ran the following:
            whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.2-july27.exe

The above download is a full installation and that installed fine, using custom install, on Windows 10 64 Bit.

ReLive is there and working.

Chill is enabled in Crossfire in "The Witcher 3".

I will file an AMD Reporting Form on the incremental installation issues.
            Please file one describing the issues you saw.

I will file another reporting form on Chill as well ...

Cheers.