4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 2:04 AM by tazmine

rx 580 crashing upon starting a game/benchmark

ceasaremark12

Ok, the beggining of May, a friend of mine went to me and asked if I could build him a system. The parts I chose were of AMD and as follows. I will also put time stamps (as to far I can remember) of events that we've tried with to troubleshoot and as of now, July 27, the problem hasn't been resolved.

The parts are: Ryzen 5 1600 Asrock b350 pro4 Corsair LPX 2400mhz 2x8gb XFX RX 580 GTS edition 8gb Western Digital Green 240gb SSD Seasonic M12ii 620w

We bought the computer parts first week of May. It was running okay on the desktop then running a benchmark, heaven, valley, firestrike would cause a freeze within a few seconds. Freeze in a way that you can no longer do anything and the display would be lost. Need to force restart the system. Same thing happens in Dota 2, doom, CSGO. First thing we did was to use DDU and perform a fresh install of drivers. The problem kept on reproducing itself. Then tried different driver versions since the first 17.4.3 drivers up to 17.72 today. So what we did next was to come back to the store where we purchesed but we couldn't reproduce any of the problems in their testing. We didn't oc the ryzen chip nor the gpu and we just wanted the system to work proeperly at stock. The technicians were kind enough to replace the card because we had video proof of the problem.

It was already June when we got to replace the card, after a month of trying to troubleshoot it through drivers and fresh windows install. The newly replaced card still had the problem and then we started to suspect the power supply. Sometime in June, we went contact with the seasonic supplier in our country (Philippines) and they offered us a better gold certified Seasonic G650. We thought this would fix the issue because I've read some articles that could point out a faulty power supply could cause issues to the system while on load, especially the graphics card.

Testing the new power supply on his system, the problem was still there. Still having freeze in games and benchmarks and are forced to just restart.

At this point, I'm starting to give up. But I decided to lend him my graphics card, which is a sapphire RX 480 nitro+ and is working properly in my system. I managed to use his rx 580 for a day and there wer no problems but when he was using my rx 480, there was still problems.

The last thing I thought of doing was to take out my powersupply and let his system run on my power supply which is a 3 year old seasonic s12ii 620. The results were still disappointing because his system was still crashing. After that, i've given up and can't do it anymore.

Thought of typing here what we did, to clarify, maybe something is confusing. 1.) Changed craphics card with new rx 580: crashing in game still exist. 2.) Changed power supply with new seasonic g650: crashing still exist. 3.) Changed graphics card into my rx 480: crashing still exist. 4.) Changed power supply into my s12ii 620w: crashing still exist.

Maybe it's the motherboard, but I don't know. The CPU is functioning well in tests like cinebench r15. Another thing I tried to suspect was the pcie lane of the motherboard. But I don't know how to test it.

If anyone can help me? I'd appreciate it. I'm being told that if I couldn't fix this, I'll gonna pay for the system, which I cannot do at the moment.

To day, I have run out of ideas on what to do or how to diagnose his system. It's almost three months already.

Computer Type: Desktop (not prebuilt)

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTS Edition 8gb

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Asrock b350 pro 4 ATX

RAM: Corsair LPX 2x8gb 2400mhz

PSU: Seasonic g650 80+ gold

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 1703

GPU Drivers: Amd Crimson Relive 17.7.1

Background Applications: Steam.

Description of Original Problem: System freezes when running games.

Troubleshooting: Already tried different graphics driver and replacing both Graphics card and Power supply.

• Re: rx 580 crashing upon starting a game/benchmark
          amdmatt

Please try updating to Crimson 17.7.2 and setting the GPU Power Limit to +50% in Wattman and clicking Apply.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            tazmine

I'm having similar issues. My Cards driver keeps crashing and the system has to keep recovering from the crash?  What's going on I need serious help or these have to go back!

tazmine

here are the errors in plain and xml view

Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"

C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe
              - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="SideBySide" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-08-31T15:09:31.242497100Z" />

<EventRecordID>890</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-3TS78FV</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data>C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe</Data>

<Data />

<Data />