2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 12:26 PM by yoshimatsu414

17.7.2 Freesync Borderless stutter Not Fixed?

yoshimatsu414

First I want to think you AMD for not releasing a driver that crashes my PC. I haven't been able to upgrade my drivers since 17.5.2 because other driver's have been crashing my PC after playing a game or even when just in google chrome. Since I've been using 17.7.2 today everything has been stable so far

One issue though. AMD Freesync stutter in borderless windowed program was claimed to be fixed in this new driver but that problem still persists.

I was playing ME Andromeda in borderless mode (I prefer to because I want to alt tab easily from it for steam chat and other things) and also Final Fantasy XIII I've noticed the stuttering issue is still there. When Freesync is off on monitor, that issue goes away.

Seems like the issue it still there somewhere, just wanted to let you guys at AMD know.

• Re: 17.7.2 Freesync Borderless stutter Not Fixed?
          nixsar

Actually, not only is freesync borderless stutter not fixed, but it seems there are no changes whatsoever for my 390X. It must be that the disclaimer 3 - Compatible with: AMD Radeon™ RX 400 & 500 series GPUs. Supports: DirextX® 9, 11, 12 & Windows® 7/10. applies to more than just the enhanced sync.

• Re: 17.7.2 Freesync Borderless stutter Not Fixed?
              yoshimatsu414

Oh wow, thats sucks. I thought that the R series cards were still supported??

I have an RX 470 here. Ive had problems all over the place with previous couple drivers I'm just happy that the crashing doesn't happen anymore. Nothing else seems to be fixed though even though they for example, claimed the freesync to be fixed. I havent tried any of the other features I've had issues with, like power effeciency, Radeon chill (which is probably still a mess even though that spread the support). FRTC which doesn't work in some games sometimes. These are just some of them.

The software support for AMD gpu is pretty annoying most of the time. The have nice features but are like half way working.