6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 1:51 PM by hugo„ucho“bruno

Optimal temperature FX-8370

hugo„ucho“bruno

Hi,

what temperature should I endeavor to reach to bring to FX-8370 the optimal run environment?

• Re: Optimal temperature FX-8370
          black_zion

Anything below 61°C.

3 of 4 people found this helpful
              hugo„ucho“bruno

Could you provide more information?

I have DLed free CPU core temp measurement tool Core Temp. It shows me that max. is about 70 °C (tj. max). If there is no workload I see temperatures between 25 and 35 °C approx. In workload I see temperatures around 65 °C. Maybe I saw 70 °C once. Should I change the cooler?

I have original one from AMD for this CPU so it is no problem. I left the previous one (during CPU switch) because it has bigger passive cooling part so I was thinking it must bring more cooler power.

meneerwitte

The question was about the temperatures.

Is it core temperature or CPU Main Board temperature.

The CPU has two temperatures measurements, the core (Package) and from CPU main board.

It's a Core (Package) Temperature.

So, the core temperature may not be higher than 61 Celsius.

wth

Would try hwinfo64 for monitoring the temps.My fx 8350 cpu runs about 52 to 54 c under heavy loads and cpu tctl never goes over 50 c and thats on stock heatsink and fan.So as Black_zion said keep it under 61 c and u will be fine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  meneerwitte

Hi,

It says at the specifications 61 Celsius.

What is the answer?

Is it 61 Celsius at the core or another temperature that is showing.

I can imaging that it should be 61 Celsius at the core.

And stock coolers are for mostly home use, not heavy gamers and programs that need a lot of the system.

I tried the stock cooler, but didn't do the cooling.

And be careful with Test & Over Clocking software.

I set the test program OCCT to 61 Celsius and when the cores did hit 61 Celsius, the program stopped.

But when I looked at the Hardware Monitoring software, it says it isn't the core temperature.

So AMD, what does your firm mean by 61 Celsius?

Good to ad some improvements to the Specification websites, isn't it?

Might be preferably with core temperature and the other temperature, at least the notification what that maximum temperature is.

This goes for all the Stress Test & Hardware Monitoring software too. Just put in more sensors out readings and/or just put in a help file where it is all explained.

No need to ask a genius, non of them is one!

Many thanks in advance for all your efforts!

PS: Have a happy hobby-/study-/work-/ week & weekend!

Edit:

Just read the comments:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Specs-Explained-CPU-137/

What about those TDP?

What will be the true full load ad stock be in TDP and what will be the total power of the processor be, Watt of the processor (like Pt = U x I )?

Now, what will be the best main board to install an AMD FX 8370 on?

Needs Pt, real 2x x16, USB3/-3.1, aso.

Edit again:

I toke another test and set the limit to 70 Celsius at the OCCT program and used HWX64.

It seems that HWMonitor isn't up to date.

I did it with more or less fans, with and with out the side panel nearly installed. I tried the Wrath cooler too, but I had the OCCT set to 61 Celsius, that's why I toke it out and replaced it with a 220 TDP or Watt CPU cooler.

All fans will function at full speed at the test.

Processor temperatures significations:

CPU, it is the one that tell's about the CPU temperature;

CPU Package, it is the one that tell's about the CPU Core temperatures.

OCCT tests are done over 30 minutes and the tests where::

CPU Linpack:

Settings: x64

Temperatures with all fans and side panel taken off:

CPU 60 C/139 F

CPU Package: 44 C/104 F

MB: 40 C/103 F

CPU Linpack:

Settings: x64 and Use All Logical Cores

Temperatures with side panel taken off and all the fans active:

CPU 60 C/139 F

CPU Package: 44 C/104 F

MB: 40 C/104 F

THERE IS MORE, BUT...

I\M DONE HERE! I WAS TYPING AND THE AMD CENTRAL LOGGED ME OUT AND THE TEXT IS GONE!

NEVER AGAIN I WILL ASSIST ON SITE LIKE THESE. OS AND PROGRAM PROGRAMMER HAVE SHORT CUTS THAT I NEVER USE AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, ALL THE TEXT IS GONE (MORE THAN 24 HOURS ONLY TYPING IN ONE YEAR). IT JUST HAPPENS WHILE TYPING. AND AMD LOG'S ME OUT AND THE TEXT IS GONE?....

YOU )*&%^%()(*+_)(&%%()*((+&%%!@#$%^&*()_++_)(*&^%$# AND SO ON!

I was typing what it all matters, with side panel on and fans and without, aso.

It really matters how and what you do with it all. Make sure that you have enough airflow, more intake than outtake and don't forget about the fan pressures.

Conclusion:

61 C is the core temperature or Package as it will be called too.

NEVER AGAIN!