4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 12:41 PM by brucer

No display on Ryzen (?), problem with detecting graphics card

eteshi

Hello,

a few weeks ago I had a Intel i7 processor and GTX 1070 graphics card. Windows couldn't detect my dedicated graphics card, so I used intel's integrated GPU. I've installed NVIDIA's drivers and voila! - dedicated GPU was detected. I RMA'd my processor, motherboard, cooler and PSU, cause PSU was making strange sounds same as my cooler and I wanted to try something different. Now I want to get a Ryzen 1700 and Asus x370 Prime Pro mobo. I'm wondering if my GPU will be detected without installing drivers. As we all know, Ryzen has no integrated GPU, so I won't be able to install these drivers. What could cause these problems? Why isn't my GPU detected automatically? I really want to get that Ryzen but I literally don't know what to do... Also sorry for my bad english.

Regards,

Oskar.

• Re: No display on Ryzen (?), problem with detecting graphics card
          brucer

When I initially got my my Ryzen 1700 and MSI b350 gaming pro carbon running, first time booting into windows when I tried to install my graphics driver I got the same thing....  I ran windows update and it fixed the issue even loaded an older nvidia driver for me, then I installed the most current driver.

Your system will still boot without graphics drivers installed, it just runs the windows basic video drivers..

eteshi

When I entered Windows for the first time on my i7, GTX 1070 wasn't even shown in Device Manager. If it will happen again on Ryzen, will my PC work? Will it even boot?

Also, will my RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R) work with Asus x370 Prime Pro motherboard? I've seen that "CMK16GX4M2B3000C15" works with Ryzen and this mobo, but what about "CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R"? I think the only difference between them is the radiator's color, but I don't want to risk.

eteshi

Well, I still need help. How will I install Windows without drivers? Please help...

brucer

you boot into the bios, set your boot drive to which ever media you have which will be cd/dvd/ or usb, and save and exit and reboot..  When it boots up it will boot up and start running windows, at that point you choose to install windows..  I usually only have one hard drive connected for this.

When you install windows it will load basic drivers to run your gpu.. It should also install drivers for your network card if its connected, I have an onboard Intel nic and it loaded my drivers and my internet connection was functional right from the beginning...  At that point I started the windows update procedure..