2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 7:38 AM by rebelyell

Ryzen system crashing on random apps

georgio17

Hi,

System Specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 (1.0)

BIOS Ver: F7

Model: Ryzen 5 1600

Operating System: Win 10 64-bit

Updates: Latest

Memory Brand: Corsair

Memory Part No.: 48-008877

Graphics card: Nvidia 750Ti MSI

Graphics driver: Latest

Over the past couple of days my system keeps crashing. I first started noticing this in games. As soon as a game was loading it used to crash. The motherboard Error code led used to show on CPU. I was not sure how true this is as I continued to notice this on other games. In other games I suddenly started getting "dxgi error device hung". So my concerns went to the graphic card. I own a GTX 750Ti from MSI.

Now even while browsing chrome the system crashes after just few minutes of surfing. The screen blacks out in the middle sometimes and the system hangs for a while but it resumes. After a while it completely hangs and the screen goes black. Every instance the motherboard shows it's the CPU. The system does not restart and I have to manually turn off the power and turn it back on.

Side notes:

Certain apps have begun showing non responding. Again I am not sure if this is related or it's just something else.

On Firefox, the system seems to work fine with a few black outs now and then. Not crashed so far at-least not as often as Chrome used to crash.

Tried opening some other apps also it crashed.

If there is any way I could provide some logs please direct me as I am not sure if any crash logs are being captured.

Thanks