If anyone has had a similar issue, please could you post your solution? This is driving me Insane!
-Update your windows 10 to the creators update,
-Use DDU in safemode and remove any traces of any firmware and software of AMD
- Download the latest driver from AMD website 17.7.1 and do in clean install mode.
I get the express vs custom install page and when I click on either option nothing happens
- Shutdown your pc, all the power
- take off the graphic card
- take off your motherboard battery for 10min or use the CMOS pin or switch, (for any this options, you have to wait 10min)
- Put the battery again, or take off the pin or putt the switch in normal mode again
(For this, use your manual mobo to see what you have to do)
- put your graphic card again
- turn on pc and enter in your MOBO Bios
- reset to factory settings and restart pc
- now see if you can install your graphic drivers
Warning: dont use any power when you are doing the CMOS thing... you can damage your motherboard.
Completed the CMOS reset on the MSI board by shorting the JBAT1 connectors for 5-10 seconds. Also checked bios settings were all default when booting.
Still no luck when running the AMD installer - looks identical to the screenshot above.
What should I test next? Surely there can only be so many things which could be causing this..
Hi, i´m not sure what you can try next...
Try the 17.7.2 version with administration rights to see if you can install it.
I'm now getting the following error;
Error 173 - AMD Installer can not continue since AMD graphics hardware was not found.
I can see that the card has powered on, and the fans are running at 20% ish.
Is there a way I can just install the display driver manually, as its not appearing in the install manager?
It seems as though windows just can't see my card
I have managed to install a driver manually through navigating to C;/AMD.. but the machine won't boot through the card, I still have to run intergrated graphics.
When I open device manager, the RX 480 can only be seen after selecting 'show hidden devices'.
when I get home tonight il try and disable the windows HD driver, and follow this - https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/5srutc/new_build_rx_480_graphics_drivers_wont_install/
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Is there a reason you're trying to install older drivers? I highly recommend going for the drivers released on the 26th of July.
What I would recommend in this order:
- Remove your RX 480 card, boot into Windows and also download the LATEST DDU (v 184.108.40.206).
- Launch the DDU installer and application - select the option to boot into safe mode
- Once in Safe mode and DDU is running again, DO NOT CLICK on that big gray button to the right that says "Set Windows Device installation settings to Default"
- For your uninstallation option make sure AMD is selected in the dropdown
- Click on "Clean and shutdown"
- Once DDU is done and the PC is off, install your RX-480 card and boot into Windows
- Install AMD drivers (Full package, NOT the minimal installation).
P.S. You may want to tell Windows not to automatically update your drivers. Lots of info on how to do this on HowtoGeek.
glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question. In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.