12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 11:09 AM by amdmatt

Drivers will not appear in the AMD Installer Application on Windows 10 - Sapphire Nitro RX480 8GB Nitro+

crack4panda

Mother board: Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON

PSU: EVGA 1300W G2

RAM: FURY 4GB DDR4

Processor: Intel Celeron G4400 3.3GHz

GPU: RX480 8GB Nitro+ OC (11260-01-20G)

Mobo Bios settings - I have tried prioritizing the GPU over integrated graphics when booting - but I get a no signal screen.

I originally had this issue after DDU'ing a 15.7 version of the RX480 drivers. I then downloaded the following drivers, and after every single attempt to install received the error install screen shown below;

Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.7.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-July6

whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.1-sep13

whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.1-sep13

I thought that maybe a windows update had affected my ability to install the drivers, so I made a fresh install of Windows 10 - and I now have exactly the same issue.

I can't boot with the GPU plugged into the monitor, as I just get a blank no signal screen. If I boot on integrated graphics and then plug the GPU into the first PCI slot, it comes to life and the fans start but it doesn't show within device manager. The only item under display drivers is 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 510'. I assume this is the driver from the most recent batch of windows updates I have ran. I have also tried to install the drivers without a network cable plugged in - same issue.

Since the clean windows install I have also tried DDU and attempted a clean driver install, but each time I start the get to the same screen on the installed where no actual GPU drivers are listed - so it can't be installing anything.

Options when installing driver.png

If I have left out any crucial information please let me know. I think its a windows 10 compatibility issue - but I can't find any similar circumstances with a solution on the forum. Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I can open and install the following driver;

amd-catalyst-15.7-win10-64bit

and the system will boot via GPU and it does actually work. So the issue seems to be with Crimson based Drivers, and my Windows settings.

Issue sounds very similar to;

Crimson Chipset Drivers in new install of Windows 10