2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 9:55 AM by cvearl

Relive video a little stuttery when fps when over 60 fps

cvearl

I have a Ryzen 5 1600X build with 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

An ASUS Rog Strix RX 580 8GB

Win 10 64

Driver 17.4.4

144Hz monitor with Freesync

If I capture gameplay in games (tried Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally and Shadow of Mordor so far) where fps are quite a but higher than 60 fps, my framerate/video is kind of stuttery in the replay video.

If I set the game to 60 fps locked and vsync and capture it results in glass smooth video. Can I NOT capture smooth footage when fps in game are over 60 fps?

Charles.

• Re: Relive video a little stuttery when fps when over 60 fps
          amdmatt

Check Windows Display Properties to ensure your monitor is correctly set at 144HZ.

Some games do play smoother when you lock the FPS. Battlefield 4 for example, runs so much smoother for me when I locked the FPS to 59 or 60 on a 60HZ FS panel.

• Re: Relive video a little stuttery when fps when over 60 fps
              cvearl

The game PLAYS perfectly smooth. That is not the problem. I own a 144Hz gaming monitor with Freesync. Ya my old 60 Hz monitor with vsync enabled or locked to 59 or 60 was smooth and Relive footage playback was glass smooth as it captured at 60 fps matching it. My GTX 1060 and nVidia Shadowplay had no stutter in video replay when letting fps shoot into the high 100's when playing. And replay was smooth. Replay now with my RX580 is stuttery even though I am seeing smooth gameplay while actually playing.

Windows says I am at 144Hz. Relive driver shows 144Hz and Freesync enabled.

Charles.