4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 7:13 AM by amdmatt

Windows Blackscreen After Unexpected Shutdown

basiccontainment

After an unexpected shutdown ( this wasn't caused by me ), my Windows fails to load, the starting Windows screen appears but then it goes black for up to 20 minutes ( I have waited this long before just shutting down the PC ). It still receives a signal it's just black. I am able to start it in Safe Mode and from there I attempted to uninstall the driver via Control Panel though the progress bar didn't move after an hour so I instead used AMD's Clean Up Utility which worked flawlessly. Since I have done so, my PC starts no problem. Though if I try to reinstall the drivers, it prompts to reboot the computer and if I select reboot it just crashes and nothing happens. After, Windows still fails to start. I have attempted a System Restore which it says it succeeded but in logs, it says it failed. I have also tried to use start up repair, and used "sfc /scannow" in cmd.

EDIT: Programs such as CPU-Z and OpenHardwareMonitor are not detecting my graphics card, though this could be caused by the lack of drivers.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320

GPU: AMD RX-480 Sapphire 8GB

RAM: 16GB DDR3 HyperX Savage

Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3