1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2017 4:29 PM by hotrith

XFX R9 280 temp is high...

Hello,

I have looked on the forums but didn't find much. My XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Double Dissipation was overheating(idled at 50C) and hit 90C+ when running ARK and Unigen Heaven causing my system to crash. I replaced the thermal compound and did like a burn in and now it idles at 32C but when I run anything like ARK or Unigen the temps will slowly get back up to 80C+ and crash the whole system at 90C+. While this temp rises the motherboard and CPU temps stay around 40C to 56C at full load.The GPU is not overclocked and all settings in the overdrive menu are default. Everything is up to date from the windows OS to the BIOS. I used AMD's cleanup utility to uninstall the old drivers and software then I reinstalled GPU drivers and system drivers including going through the device manager and manually updating each of the drivers. I made sure the system power settings are properly set.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You, Scooter2478

SPECS:

ASUS Manufactured PC Essentio CG5275

Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M/CG5275/DP_MB

CPU: LGA 1156 Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz (2 cores 4 threads)

RAM: 8GB DDR3-10700

Graphics: XFX Radeon R9 280 Double Dissipation 3GB

Hard Drives: SATA 1TB Western Digital

PSU: 650W (not sure what brand)

Fans: 2x-2800rpm 92mm, 2x-50mm, 1x-PCI 92mm exhaust fan

• Re: XFX R9 280 temp is high...
          hotrith

Hi, can you screenshot with Gpuz the spec of your graphic card and a screenshot of the temps with Aida64 or other software too?

How much time do you have it, that graphic card?

It still has waranty?

Do you already overclock that card?

Ok, i see it later, you do not have warranty... what you can do is, to verify if was well replaced the thelmal paste, if it was, i think is time to go for water cooler, if you think that you cant solve the air flow...