1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2017 10:55 PM by kingfish

ASUS FX550I DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD

schlorgan

I have this laptop:

FX9830P Quad-Core

8GB RAM

RX460 4GB

I've been having some problems with drivers for this laptop. After a long process, I was able to get up to 17.4.3 without any issue (17.4.4 gives issues documented in this thread)

It works fine but now I've been getting occasional DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's. Most fixes I've found involve updating the drivers, but I currently can't go any higher than 17.4.3 without running into other problems..

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

This is the driver page for this model.

• Re: ASUS FX550I DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD
          kingfish

A lot of issues with Asus laptops and graphics cards are connected to Asus's supplied graphics/game controllers. I would suggest you disable them (Asus Tweak,etc) and try a clean install of the latest driver for your laptop > APU 

Don't try to use any third party controller (Afterburner, Trixx, Asus,,etc) with the newer Crimson graphics drivers. Conflicts with AMD/Wattman settings and controls.

Remove the old drivers using the computer control panel / 'uninstall a program' / select AMD / express uninstall everything / Reboot into Safe Mode / Run DDU / restart / install the new drivers / reboot.

Screenshot_3j.png

Screenshot_3.png

Laptop graphics update...How to