2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 3:30 PM by ray_m

AMD Settings not downloading

blurban

Hi, I noticed the other day that my games were running slower than usual and after running a program called GPU-Z by 'TechPowerUp' discovered that my laptop was attempting to use my Intel on board graphics instead of my AMD HD 8650M. I found that after uninstalling the old driver and running the radeon crimson installer, my computer would freeze near the end of the update and id have to force shutdown.

after trying a few different options I found that the driver version 22.19.171.1024 installed successfully and the card was now being recognized correctly but the AMD settings did not download and so it says only partially installed. GPU-Z also does not show the fan speed anymore and I'm concerned that the fans are not being recognized/activated correctly as the laptop is getting quite hot now when playing games and I had it crash to a blue screen a couple times.

I have attached the install log file and would appreciate if someone could explain why the AMD settings is failing to download because my network connection is fine and I have tried it multiple times. I would also like to know if it is normal for the fan speed to not be shown in GPU-Z.

Thanks so much.