For the past week and a half i've been having the oddest issue while gaming, this is seemingly triggered by me just playing the game and happening randomly, it has never happened unless I have a game running and actively playing it.
- My monitor freezes, audio repeats and sometimes distorts if its really bad
- The connection between my GPU and monitor cut out, my monitor basically going black and saying there is no DVI connection at all
- After about 10 seconds of no connection, everything goes back to normal except my game screen is either completely gone or white, I can still control the game just fine (pause, unpause, move around) but I simply cannot see the game, this mainly happens with semi-graphic intensive games (such as saints row IV, or nier:automata)
I've tried many things including
- Turning down the graphics (only delays how long it takes until the crash)
- resetting my computer
- switching the PCIe slots on my motherboard
- updating drivers (basically made it worse)
- rolling back said updated drivers (barely helped)
- cleaned my PC out
If anyone has any other suggestions of what I could do/any possible fixes please let me know!