2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2017 7:16 AM by mr.unknown

dear sir.can i upgrade my amd a8-5550m, Radeon HD 8550G graphics card is upgrad

shoaib554

DEAR SIR.

CAN I UPGRADE MY LAPTOP.MY LAPTOP IS AMD A8-5550M,AND AMD Radeon HD 8550G + HD 8670M Dual Graphics IN MY LAPTOP.CAN I UPGRADE MY LAPTOP AND GRAPHICS CARD.PLEASE TELL ME

• Re: dear sir.can i upgrade my amd a8-5550m, Radeon HD 8550G graphics card is upgrad
          ray_m

No, Graphics cards in Laptop computers cannot be upgraded.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: dear sir.can i upgrade my amd a8-5550m, Radeon HD 8550G graphics card is upgrad

Hello pal, in most cases APU processor and GPGPU chip are soldered onto the motherboard, in this situation, the system could not be upgraded. But in some other situations, mostly likely, the processor were just seated onto their own seat, like the processor you mentioned. AMD A8-5550M is often placed onto the Socket FT1r2 (FT1+), in other words, you might possibly change it with other processor which also in the package of FT1+. AMD A10-5750M is the most idealised choice to replace your present processor for performance improved. This processor might possible work on your system, but you'd better contact with your laptop vendor for confirmation. This is only my suggestion, and I have to say that change the processor within the laptop is not an easy job, any mistake might harm your laptop permanently. I wish my free offer would help you a little bit more. Anyway, good luck!