I'm working on a project to build a system with multiple Radeon R9 295x2's, however I'm having driver issues every time I add a third card. Wasn't sure if this should go in Graphics or Drivers & Software, but here it is...
GPU: Radeon R9 295X2 (x3)
Computer type: Desktop
OS: Windows 10 64Bit
GPU driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.1
Monitor: HP 25" monitor, 1920x1080
Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC
BIOS: American Megatrends P1.20 (7/22/2014)
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840
Power Supply: LEPA B1000M (qty 2), Cosair CX750M (qty 1)
Each card is attached to it's own power supply.
The system runs perfectly with 2 cards, seen to the system as 4 GPU's. This is what happens when I add a third card:
- System boots fine
- Open Device Manager, see 2 additional GPU's, one normal, one with an exclamation point on in indicating an issue
- Screen blinks on a off a few times while Windows contemplates how to handle this new card. I've learned to give Windows a few minutes to do this and not disturb it.
- The new cards disappear from Device Manager
- Go to Crimson Edition Relive to open and see if I can see the cards in there and I get this message:
- I then go to reinstall the driver (using the Minimal edition), after it unpacks I get this error message:
I tried uninstalling the driver, and am unable to do that from the Control Panel. I have installed Device Driver Uninstaller and am able to remove the driver in safe mode. I reboot, take the 3rd card out, reinstall the driver, shut down, add third card again, start up and the same thing happens again. I have tried this with different R9 295x2 cards and receive the same result.
Any assistance with this issue is appreciated, I'm trying to install a total of 4 cards which will be 8 GPU's.