2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2017 1:22 AM by rebelyell

Issues adding a third R9 295x2

brewerdude

I'm working on a project to build a system with multiple Radeon R9 295x2's, however I'm having driver issues every time I add a third card.  Wasn't sure if this should go in Graphics or Drivers & Software, but here it is...

System Specs:

GPU: Radeon R9 295X2 (x3)

Computer type: Desktop

GPU driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.1

Monitor: HP 25" monitor, 1920x1080

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC

BIOS: American Megatrends P1.20 (7/22/2014)

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840

Power Supply: LEPA B1000M (qty 2), Cosair CX750M (qty 1)

RAM: 8B

Each card is attached to it's own power supply.

The system runs perfectly with 2 cards, seen to the system as 4 GPU's.  This is what happens when I add a third card:

1. System boots fine
      2. Open Device Manager, see 2 additional GPU's, one normal, one with an exclamation point on in indicating an issue
      3. Screen blinks on a off a few times while Windows contemplates how to handle this new card.  I've learned to give Windows a few minutes to do this and not disturb it.
      4. The new cards disappear from Device Manager
      5. Go to Crimson Edition Relive to open and see if I can see the cards in there and I get this message:

20170720_0744552.jpg

1. I then go to reinstall the driver (using the Minimal edition), after it unpacks I get this error message:

20170720_0744092.jpg

I tried uninstalling the driver, and am unable to do that from the Control Panel. I have installed Device Driver Uninstaller and am able to remove the driver in safe mode.  I reboot, take the 3rd card out, reinstall the driver, shut down, add third card again, start up  and the same thing happens again.  I have tried this with different R9 295x2 cards and receive the same result.

Any assistance with this issue is appreciated, I'm trying to install a total of 4 cards which will be 8 GPU's.