11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 3:44 AM by edsduh

Fx-6350 Decreases the clock when it reaches 51 ° C

edsduh

The specifications of AMD is that the maximum temperature of the processor FX-6350 is of 61 ° C. Only when it reaches 51 ° C the clock decreases. Why?

downclock.png

• Re: Fx-6350 Decreases the clock when it reaches 51 ° C
          hotrith

hi, 51ºC are not dangerous, 70ºC for a processor it is, but anyway, to make sure of what you have, you need to see your diode temperature too, for control that use Aida64, if its already alot higher than 51ºC, you need a better cooler and replace your thermal paste, set your power to performance too, if your pc is cooling right it should be balanced betwen 10ºC/15ºC in diferences from what you have when you are not doing nothing... For my example my temperature are 45ºC for Diode CPU and 43º for the actual CPU in my FX8350 and when im gaming is going to 49ºC/53ºC, of course im not using stock cooler.

edsduh

HI, Excuse my ignorance but, what is Diode? In AIDA it shows GPU Diode.
              The highest temperature in AIDA is 54 ° "AUX" which matches the temperature in the HWinfo in "CPU" 54 °. Is this the real temperature? What does CPU tctl and CPU TSI mean? No software shows the highest temp only shows this lower TCTL CPU. I was told that the FX processors have this "BUG" with the sensors.

I use an H60 water cooler with a paste that already comes in it at 7 months. I'm having an overclok for 4.5GHz but if I do stress on the standard clocked CPU it also reaches that temperature and decreases the frequency.

My mobo is an Asus M5A97 LE R2.0, 4 +2 Phase Power.

CPU STRESS:

temp.png

IDLE SYS:

Ocioso.png

hotrith

Hi, if you cant see it, dont bother, and that i know, only Aida64 can show that... anyway you have ok temps.

"The "CPU Diode" temp will be a reading of the core temperature(truer/more important reading), whereas the "CPU" temp will be a reading of the heatspreaders temp."

This answer was given in Tomshardware.co.uk in April 10 of 2007.

The screen is mine.

temp.jpg

Or better answer, tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3378582/cpu-diode-temp-overheat.html

Forget to mention i use FX 8350 at 4.2 Ghz

rebelyell

you have cpu and cpu/NB voltages set to run a 5.0ghz overclock turn those back its going to throttle.

and dont run prime 95 on a fx cpu it just isnt a good idea. use aida64  or something else to check stability. thats to hard of a test..

rebelyell

and look in statistics and see what the high and low frequency is temps and volts.

edsduh

I tested with 3 items selected to stress more. It reached 55 °C and the frequency dropped:
                      Test AIDA full stress CPU.png

This is the test of how you said it. CPU only stress only did not even reach 55 °C was at 49 °C

only cpu stress.png

I noticed that the more the CPU is used the smaller the vcore is it?

The question is why does the frequency drop if the CPU does not reach the maximum temperature of 61 ° C?