I encountered this problem yesterday and after browsing 10 hours on the internet, I couldn't find any solutions.
The problem is that when I add new ram to my computer, the display looks soo bad (Image: https://imgur.com/bMvt7Au) and under device manager, the graphics adapter shows the error code 12 which is " this device cannot find enough free resources that it can use, delete some to use this device". (images:https://imgur.com/a/nwa3s)
Before adding new ram, I only had 2 gb ram and my gpu had no issues whatsoever. But as I wanted more ram for extra smooth performance, I added extra ram and then my gpu just gives up.
When I click on personalisation to change screen resolution, it is locked at 640x480 and won't change.
I thought of opening raedon setting to make a custom profile but I get the error saying I don't have any driver software installed or the hardware isn't working properly. Also got some of these errors (image:https://imgur.com/oAVzhpZ)
Things I've done so far:
- Used only 2 new and removed old ram.
- Used all 3 rams
- inserted the ram in every possible slot at every possible position, changing slots with each ram.
- Uninstall my driver using ddu and reinstalled manually and automatically.
- Rolled back my driver from an update about 3 years ago, and checked every update since then to now
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the motherboard resources and some other devices (I read this solution on another page and it helped many people but not me)
- Deleted and reinstalled default gpu driver.
- Took out the battery and inserted back after 10 seconds
- inserted ram in same colour slot etc
^ tried all of that and nothing worked.
If any expert could please help me with this problem I'll be very VERY grateful. All drivers are upto date and ram are from same company.
The only way to fix error:
So far the only way to fix error is to only use 2 gb ram. As soon as I put 1 more chip, the display goes bad and I get gpu error. Keep in mind the ram are working as I tried them on my friends computer.
English isn't my first language so please don't mind any grammatical mistakes.
Intel core 2 quad
CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
Windows 7 pro
Installed ram 6 gb
Model number: 7484BP5
Ram manufacturing: 2GB PC3-8500U DDR3 1066Mhz 2RX8 240Pins Desktop RAM Memory
Gpu: amd raedon R7 360 series
Psu: 400 volts (low but enough aye?)
I've read probably 10 different discussion talking about error code 12 but trust me, none of them worked.
Tldr: new ram causes gpu driver to stop working, causing a very disgusting display.
Why did I post it in amd discussion groups? Because I'm really tired and out of options. I really need help and so far it really looks like a problem related to my gpu which is amd manufactured.