4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 4:01 PM by ray_m

choppy playback of video in fullscreen after updates

marcelvossen

Hi there,

I've been having trouble with video playback with the Radeon RX 480 card after I installed the new Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 AND the latest recommended driver (17.4.x) for my card.

Going back to the previous driver worked but after I also tried the newest (not recommended) version 17.10.x , I can't go back to the version prior to 17.4.x

The problem is that I can't  play a video full screen anymore in PowerDVD, when I set it to play in a large window that is almost as big as full screen there is nothing wrong, only full screen will make playback very choppy. It can't be my computer speed since it's a really fast Ryzen 1700+ CPU machine with 32Gb of memory.

I also had problems with the performance of Adobe Lightroom, it turned VERY slow after the last update too, and now I'm in a situation where I can either load a driver that makes PowerDVD work normal OR install the newer verion 17.10.x and make Adobe Lightroom work normal again.

It seems as if the driver is corrupt or something?

What can I do to restore normal operation, maybe go back to a driver version before 17.4.x , how do I do this?

Marcel