33 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2018 7:43 AM by boltzdameek

That one game that sucked you in...

iamthesaga

Did you ever play a game that just sucked you into it? Any game.  New or old. I mean you just play it not expecting something and next thing you know you have 200 hours into a game in less that 2 months.  For me, this game is Star Ware: The Old Republic.  Yeah I know it's almost 6 years old but thanks to a certain havenbreaker for turning me onto this game, I have become somewhat addicted to it.

I remember when it was launching.  My buddy Jeff and I were gonna get it.  It seemed like the perfect game due to it being massive as well as Star Wars. Then I found out it was Pay to Play and I gave a big ol' NOPE and moved on.  Fast forward 5 years and I see Haven streaming this game quite a bit.  It sparked my interest and with it now being Free to Play, there was no excuse for me not to try it.

Here lies the other thing with me and this game...I've never played an MMO before.

*Gasp*

Talk about a learning curve! Now here's the kicker.  It took me a week....A WEEK...to become a subscriber.  Never in a million years would I ever think I would pay to play a game (aside from purchasing the game itself).  The benefits were completely worth it in my opinion especially with Haven helping me with some in game credits.  The stories are just FANTASTIC in my opinion and I love how everything is tied together.  I'm still learning so much but I have to say that I am having a blast with it.  I have two level 70 (max) characters and I am barely getting stated.

Now I ask you, what was that one game that sucked you into it?