2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 10:20 AM by kingfish

Scared noob - can you help with video freezing and lockups please (have pics)

soccerman58

Hi

I recently bought a refurbished HP laptop from Tiger Direct who refuse to help me or replace this crappy laptop. So, I am on my own and I know absolutely nothing. I don't even know if this is a good place to start, but I have to start somewhere.

I am having problems with video freezing. It will last maybe 3-10 seconds and is accompanied by a buzzing noise. I noticed that this happens on movie playback using either VLC Media Player or the default Windows 10 player (so it seems not to be playback software-specific). With movie playback it appears it will "unfreeze" with a change of camera angle - which strikes me as highly peculiar and perhaps just a coincidence. Youtube playback freezes are usually terminal requiring complete reboot.

I am hoping it is something as simple as something being out of date or something being incompatible with something else, but I am not willing to just click a button that says "Update Now!" without some help. I am attaching various screen shots with lots of information about my system. Can anyone help me out please? Or suggest other options I need to examine?
      Thanks very much for your time.

Phil