2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 1:33 PM by kingfish

M265x Disappeared From Laptop After Windows Update

spitfire06

Hi,

Recently I did a Windows 10 Update and after this my graphic card disappear.

So I have deleted my driver and reinstalled it but nothing happened. I did a reset of my PC but my Graphic card didn't come back. I tried to update my Intel processor chipset, to update my Toshiba BIOS and other thing but my GPU don't come back.

My father got the same processor than me (Intel i7 4710HQ) and we saw that he got a system peripheric "Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller 0c01" that disappeared too. At his place, I got a system peripheric called "Pci Bus" and the driver is from AMD. I must precise that I didn't have this peripheric before my PC's reset and It appeared after it.

My Toshiba BIOS is bad. I don't have a PCI option in Advanced Settings. So It doesn't work to get it back.

Here's my original system settings :

Laptop model : Toshiba Satellite L-70-B-141 PSKS8E

Processor : Intel Core i7-4710HQ

Graphic Card : AMD R9 m265x (or without x don't remember) and Intel HD4600

RAM : 6Go Ram

OS : Windows 10 64 Bits Updated (Originally I was on Windows 8.1)

Legend of the Image :

1 - What I got in peripheric System with the "Pci Bus" and the PCI express which disappear

2 - An image with the Intel PCI express that didn't disappear

3 - Properties of Pci Bus

4 - Driver's details of Pci Bus

If You want more information ask me I'll do the best I can to transmit it.

Thank you !

PS : Sorry for my English, I'm French so I may do some errors.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.