2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 2:15 AM by tazuuu

Can't install new amd drivers

tazuuu

So I've been having some trouble regarding upgrading my graphics driver. I use a Sapphire Amd Radeon R9 270X 2gb OC edition. So the problem is that when i try to install the latest driver to this date (14.4.4 crimson relive edition) which released on May,I get the BSOD error (Blue Screen Of death).I noticed that the bsod occurs when the installation part comes to the display driver installing part. I am currently using an old driver (16.2.1) crimson relive edition and it's working fine. And while installing this old driver,i didn't face ANY issue. I did many research trying to fix this problem but non of them worked. Solutions i tried-

1.Using DDU(Display driver uninstaller) to uninstall EVERY component of the driver then installing fresh driver. (DIDN'T WORK)
      2.Manually installing the driver(not installing it with the installer) by going to device manager,then manually updating it from there.(DIDN'T WORK)

I tried these two solutions and non of them worked so please could someone help me out? Thank you.
      Also my specs-
      Intel Core i3 2120 (3.30ghz)
      8gb transcend ram
      Sapphire amd radeon r9 270x 2gb oc edition
      1tb hard drive
      600w thermaltake power supply

One last note,my graphics card,cpu and everything is okay and not damaged, i can still play games but the only problem is that i cant install the new drivers.

• Re: Can't install new amd drivers
          whiskey-foxtrot

When you use DDU, do you use the safe mode option (recommended)? Also make sure you're not clicking on the gray button (to automatically install default drivers) as it will cause conflicts (at least it does for me).

Manually installing it uses the WHQL drivers if I"m not mistaken - also never worked for me, not if I want full Radeon Settings control/notifications etc etc.

• Re: Can't install new amd drivers
              tazuuu

Thanks for replying. Yes i ran DDU in safe modo and then reboot to normal mode and downloaded the driver from the amd page and then installed it. I tried using the minimal software amd which detects what driver u need and installs it for you and i got the same issue. Please help me with a solution man. thank you