4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 10:26 PM by staggeredsix

Ryzen Hackintosh (CH6)

staggeredsix

First of all folks, this isn’t just plug and play. It’s actually a pain in the rear. I’m not a hackintosh guru so… yeah please don’t blame me if something goes wrong. Running Sierra on a Ryzen CPU is amazing. It’s extremely responsive and quite stable once setup. I’ve only had one kernel panic from messing around in the network system preferences. Just don’t try to select a serial port that isn’t really there. Also don't expect your video card to be a rocket ship, any 10.x OS stinks at anything having to do with gaming.

So first things first, a lot of this information was culled from many places. This is absolutely not all my work. Also I am running a CH6 so you’re going to need to find some kexts and other things on your own for things like networking, sound and possibly GPU.

I highly recommend you do NOT try to install Sierra and Windows on the same disk. You’re asking for trouble. Use a separate hard drive, don’t be that guy. If you want to dual boot on one disk have at it but I don't think this quick and dirty guide will work for you.

------------------------------------------------------------ Downloads --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s where we start:

Transmac : http://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm

AMD Seirra : http://forum.amd-osx.com/bbdownloads/sierra.html. <— Forum wall here, you’ll need an account

Bronya’s Clover Files : https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2mrnp2kqpbh0kf/CloverCD.zip?dl=0

Clover Configurator : http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

Anyone with an I 211 can use this set of kexts to get ethernet working: Intel 211.zip - Google Drive

My Clover config : AMD Community Config.zip - Google Drive

------------------------------------------------------------ Section One --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this guide need to have multiple USB sticks, one that is at least 16 GB. One stick needs to be formatted fat32 or exfat. This is so we can read and write in Sierra. The 16GB will be auto formatted by TransMac.

Put Bronya's clover files, clover configurator, I 211 and AMD community config onto your fat32/exfat drive

***** Keep your AMD Sierra boot USB clean. Don’t copy anything to it. It’s your lifeline should you be messing around and break something. ****

Use TransMac to restore the Sierra .dmg to your USB stick you’ll use for installation. After that’s done, which is going to be painfully slow, reboot and pick your USB stick for startup.

Select the AMD Sierra entry in the Chameleon bootloader.

After this it’s pretty straight forward. Use the disk utility to erase and format your dedicated hard disk, then install Sierra to it. Name the disk "Sierra" Huzzah.

* IMPORTANT *

You’re going to want to reboot and start from the USB stick again. Go back into the Sierra installer and open the utilities menu. Open terminal and type this in :

cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall

sh post.sh

A whole bunch of stuff will scroll through. You just modified your installation with a custom kernel and kexts. Look at you. You’re a genius.

Reboot your computer again.

------------------------------------------------------------ Section Two --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, we’re booting from USB again then selecting your Sierra disk. It hopefully starts into the new Mac setup. Blaze through this without enabling any networking. No networks right now.

You should now be at the desktop. We’re going to need to get some things rolling here.

Open SierraAMD > Post Install > Clover. This is your bootloader. Lets get the install going.

Pop continue until you get to the screen that says “Change install location” and “Customize”.

Stop here. Click on Change Install Location and ensure your Sierra disk is selected. Then go into customize and check these selections. You can ignore themes for now.

Install Clover in the ESP

Bootloader > Don't update MBR and PBR sectors

CloverEFI > CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Install RC scripts on target volume

Install Clover Preference Pane

Click install. Clover will mount an EFI partition and load the boot loader into it. Here comes more fun! We need to run a terminal command now.

Hold the windows button and hit space. This will bring up spotlight search. Type terminal and hit enter.

Enter this command :

diskutil list

This  part can be tricky but it’s really not the bad. You need to locate your Sierra EFI partition. Look for the Sierra volume.

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.11.04 AM.png

In blue I've located my Sierra volume. Underlined in red is the disk that contains the volume, in orange is the number of the volume. Note that it states the location is internal. When providing a target for a command you want to provide the disk location as /dev/diskx and volume number as sx.

The location of my Sierra EFI partition is as follows :

/dev/disk1s1

** Pay attention to your disks. Don't just throw stuff in here, you’re about to format the EFI volume. If you pick the wrong disk it could hose your Windows or Sierra install. Or your Sierra installer.  **

Alright now that you’ve located your EFI partition we need to format it so that our UEFI can read from it properly.

Enter these commands :

sudo -s

Your login password

newfs_msdos -v EFI /dev/diskXsX   <—- replace the with your EFI partition’s location.

You may get a warning after that, don't worry. The EFI partition is now fat32. Good for our UEFI. We need to install Clover AGAIN with the same settings as above. Awesome stuff right?

Now we need to do some simple stuff! Yay!

------------------------------------------------------------ Section Three --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locate your Bronya files and extract them somewhere. (it’s called CloverCD by the way).

Drag Clover Configurator to the desktop.

Open Clover Configurator and then click on mount EFI.

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.20.37 AM.png

Notice how the second one has my current boot disk selected? Thats the EFI partition we’re looking for. Mount it like a stallion.

Alright so now that we have the EFI partition mounted we’re going to want to go ahead and rock out some file copies. The CloverCD folder is full of stuff, including an EFI folder. Right click and copy this. We need to paste it into the actual EFI partition.

On the left of your Finder windows you should see EFI there. Open that disk and paste the EFI folder. Replace it when it asks. Open up the EFI disk and navigate :

EFI>Clover  

Copy the AMD Community Config in here a replace the config file. This will allow you to have a 1080p clover boot screen.

We do have another set of files in the CloverCD to mess around with, that usr folder. Once again we’re going to use Spotlight search ( windows + space ) and this time we want to type in /usr/ and hit enter. This is going to open a hidden folder on your Sierra disk so we can start moving these files over.

Bin has nothing in it so don't worry about that. Open local, and drag it into the corresponding folder in /usr/. Same with standalone. Replace everything. We can now boot Sierra directly from the disk instead of USB. Or… we should be able to. You're going to want to fiddle around with Clover's themes and whatnot. I'll have another guide at some point in the near future.

I’m not an expert here. I can make things plug into other things. I don’t have your computer’s configuration. This is generic. If it doesn’t work visit the fine folks at amd-osx.com

• Re: Ryzen Hackintosh (CH6)
          staggeredsix

There will be edits to this guide as I get things buttoned up. If you see anything odd please hit me up on discord so I can fix it. I can try to help with installations but I'm not a total expert on every hardware configuration.

staggeredsix

Update :

Installing 10.12.6 -

Create an image of your macOS disk.

Install 10.12.6

Boot from AMD Sierra thumb drive.

Open Terminal

cd /Volumes/AMDSierra

cd PostInstall

sh post.sh

Restart after post.sh runs.

Also - if you’re running an nvidia GPU and are unable to get video on all ports-Please send me a message on discord.

staggeredsix

Update :

Sierra AMD V5 installer available from AMD-OSX forums has an issue in that kexts required for USB initialization are not in the correct places.

To overcome this issue :

After restoring the image to your flash drive you need to navigate to Post Install > Files

Copy the following kexts to the EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12.6/ directory :

DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext