8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 3:26 PM by hardcoregames™

RX 460 Crashing In GTA V - Bios Boot Issue 17.6.2

afinger

I've recently updated my GPU from the Radeon HD6670 to a Radeon RX460. The first thing I noticed was the delay before the screen started to receive signal. The BIOS screen is no longer showed and after some seconds either a warning appears "System boot fail. Your system last boot...", or, after a flicking hyphen on the top corner, Windows starts loading. Now my computer always starts this way, and this wasn't happening with the HD6670. After install the latest drivers from AMD website everything seemed to work fine, despite the booting issues. When testing the new performance playing GTA IV, after some minutes the screen froze and game crashed. And error balloon was showed briefly "display driver stopped responding...". I have also installed GTA V and it takes a bit longer before crashing and the error message is different, "err_gfx_d3d_init", but it does the same, frozen screen and game crash. This error happens when playing games, when watching a video or even when surfing the Net. I 've tried to reinstall GPU drivers and to downgrade them, I've tested up to four diferent versions of drivers. Since I brought the GPU I have also brought a new PSU to be sure these problems weren't caused by low power supply. I need to know if these issues are common when mounting a new GPU on an old system or maybe there is any problem with the GPU itself due it is still under warranty.

Any help will be welcomed!

• AMD Sapphire Radeon RX 460 2GB OC
      • Desktop
      • Operating System Windows 7 64bit
      • Driver version installed Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.6.2
      • Display Devices Samsung SyncMaster 920n 1280x1024 @60Hz HDMI to VGA adapter
      • Motherboard Asus M2N-E Bios Version 5001
      • CPU AMD Phenom II X4 925
      • Power Supply Unit Corsair CX450
      • RAM 8GB DDR2-800

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.