9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2017 8:13 AM by alekor

Problems with color display from my PC to my TV

paulienator

Hi,

I've recently connected my PC to my HD TV from Philips, and although it looks great, from now and then the TV just goes 'green' fro a second and then

the colors go bonkers => it looks all pink and blue/inverted. That lasts for about 2 - 5 minutes and then it goes back to normal. It does it especially when I'm

playing some games or watch vidoes/youtube, however it also happens when left alone/when I'm working on the PC... BUT then it only lasts several seconds.

It also goes black for half a second from now and then, which however is not as annoying as the color switch, but it may be a part of the whole issue.

Also; I did this some time ago with the same TV and my Samsung RV520 Laptop ( also via HDMI cable ) and I did NOT have these kind of problems...

I've updated the TV software and enabled my AMD software to automatically scan for updates. The PC and the HDMI cable are all rather new.

After browsing on the net a little, I've discovered I'm not the only one who has the propblem when connecting from PC to TV, but I've noticed it was always an A

MD graphics card they were using, so I figured it probably has to do with the graphic card...

Here are the the SPECS:

- Philips HD TV ( about 7 years old => Model Nr.: 37PFL5604H/12 => LCD-Fernseher 37PFL5604H/12 | Philips )  ( I use HDMI cable and the TV settings are set for PC display )

- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon ( TM ) R9 380 Series ( 4GB ),

- PC:

ACPI x64 based PC

Mainboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ( M5 A97 EVO R2.0 ), Version Rev 1.xx

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB

Asmedia 106x SATA Controller

AMD FX(tm) 8350 Eight Core Processor 4.00 GHz

RAM 16GB

I hope this information is sufficient, as for the other specs I couldn't find out

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? What can I do?

Oh.. it did it again; I guess I'll now include some pics how it looks like...

20170708_160346.jpg

20170708_160320.jpg