4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2017 1:34 PM by rebelyell

Ryzen 1700 with Gigabyte B350 gaming 3 Screen random freeze

yughred

I've used it for a month. The CPU was overclocked to 3.8GHz @1.35V. The temperature is normal both at idle or under load. And it can run Prime95 stress testing for 30+ minutes without any problem. I recently noticed that the screen would freeze randomly at a frequency of once every day. When it freezes, the system isn't under heavy load. Usually it's when I browse Internet or use other non-demanding software. The screen would freeze for half a minute, not responding to any input from keyboard and mouse. After that, BSOD would appear briefly (about a few seconds), before the system goes into black screen without any display. The fan is running at full speed when it's in black screen. And the error LED for CPU and Memory on MB flashes alternatively. I have to push the reset button to reboot the system.

The memory I am using is G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 (Model: F4-2400C15D-16GIS) .  It's from my old Intel system and didn't have any problem on my old system. But it's not on the supported list of Ryzen 1700. I have updated my BIOS to the newest version (F7). And this problem persist on both the older version and the current version of BIOS.