12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2017 1:11 AM by rebelyell

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly: 17.4.4, 17.6.2

techh.freakk

I used to have Crimson 17.2.1 driver which worked fine for me. But when I upgraded to WHQL Crimson 17.4.4, I got an error message after install (and a restart), saying that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly." And the "Render" tab in the 'dxdiag' disappears after the upgrade. No matter how many times I restart, I see the same error. I had to use third party 'Display Driver Uninstaller' from Guru3D to install the 17.2.1 again to make it work properly. With 17.2.1, the "Render" tab in 'dxdiag' shows up again and games are running fine.  I even tried installing the beta 17.6.2 Crimson driver, but that is also showing the same error after install. I've been facing this issue with driver upgrade since 4 or 5 driver releases. I couldn't play latest games & I can't use graphically demanding software too. Help me!!!
      Edit:
      Using Lenovo G510 Notebook with Switchable Graphics,

AMD Radeon HD 8570M series [Currently using 17.2.1 because the latest drivers cause issues]

I'll attach my current DXDIAG for remaining information about my system.

If you want my dxdiag after 17.4.4 or 17.6.2, let me know. I'll upload it too.

Message was edited by: Sashank Sharma