0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2017 4:32 PM by paul345

ATI FirePro 2460 Multi-View - debian 9.0.0_amd64 - only black screen with firmware-amd-graphics

paul345

My system:

AMD Graphics Card

ATI FirePro 2460 multi-view professional graphics

URL: http://www.amd.com/de-de/products/graphics/workstation/firemv-2d/2460#

Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

Operating System

debian_9.0.0_amd64_DVD-1_2017-06-17, kde

URL: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/

Driver version installed

Display Devices

two Eizo FlexScan EV2436W with resolution: 1920 x 1200

Motherboard

ASUS Z87-WS, BIOS 1803, 04/16/2014

CPU/APU

Intel Core i7-47-4790T, Socket 1150

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Enermax, Platimax, 850 Wattage, ATX23

RAM

24 GB

Hello,

I have installed a new operating system (debian 9) on a new hdd. The system starts and an error message appears with:

*Error* radeon kernel modsetting requires firmware-amd-graphics. The system runs further and I can see a picture, which is the same

on both monitors, with a resolution from 1600 x 1200 on the kde system. I can work with this system.

So I add contrib and non-free to /etc/apt/souces.list and make:

#apt-get update

#apt-get install firmware-amd-graphics firmware-linux-nonfree libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-video-ati

Then I start the system again. The only thing I saw now, is a black screen, with DisplayPort, Signal Error, not more.

I can't use a shell or somthing else. The only thing I can do is to use the rescue mode from the DVD and

remove with #apt-get --purge remove firmware-amd-graphics. So I can work again with the same pictures on both monitors.

I have tried to install the 64 bit linux AMD driver for this card, which is from 12/1/2015,

URL: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/previous/detail?os=Linux+x86_64&rev=15.201.2401#pro-driver

but this one shows an mistake:

root@debian:/home/XYZ/Downloads/fglrx-15.201.2401# ./amd-driver-installer-15.201.2401-x86.x86_64.run

Created directory fglrx-install.DgKr5s

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver-15.201.2401..

=====================================================================

AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Installer/Packager

=====================================================================

error: Detected X Server version 'XServer 1.19.2_64a' is not supported.

Supported versions are X.Org 6.9 or later, up to XServer 1.10 (default:v2:x86_64:lib:XServer 1.19.2_64a:none:4.9.0-3-amd64:)

Installation will not proceed.

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.DgKr5s

root@debian:/home/XYZ/Downloads/fglrx-15.201.2401#

Can AMD workers help me or mybe someone else? Can you make an update for XServer 1.19.2_64a ? Or can you have a look at firmware-amd-graphics and

the free radeon driver? I don't know why my system will not start with the free radeon driver? It seems it is frozen when it trys to start with the firmware-amd-graphics.

Supplement, 2017-07-03

I have tried two live systems of debian.

(1) debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-kde.iso, 2017-06-20, 03:10,  2.4G 

URL:  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-kde.iso

(2) debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-kde+nonfree.iso, 2017-06-20, 05:49,  2.7G  

URL: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.0.1-live+nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-9.0.1-amd64-kde+nonfree.iso

This version (1) is running with my computersystem, it shows the same picture on both monitors with resolution 1600 x 1200.

This looks like exakt the system which I have installed. Normally you can directly install the live system too. But on the 9.0.0 version,

this was not possible, because there was a bug. Now there is version 9.0.1 there.

A picture of displaysettings, see attachment.

The second one (2), here is nonfree software included, shows exactly the error which I have on my installed system after I had installed

the file firmware-amd-graphics. The only different is, that here the DVD-reader is running, and the CPU is working, but I can't see anything,

because the screen is black and shows only DisplayPort, Signal Error. I can't open a shell or somthing else.

With this two live systems you can test your computersystem with the installed graphic card, if it will work or not with debian 9.

No changes on your system will be make. It's only a live test system, and of course you can work with this system.

Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely

paul345