4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 8:06 PM by origbhod

AMD Display Drivers Causing frequent Crashing/Freezing

origbhod

Well after ages of attempting to find out what the issue was I believe that I have narrowed it down to being AMD Display Drivers for my GPU - Sapphire r9 380 4gb. Shortly after starting the computer up it will either freeze or crash regardless of what I am doing, playing a game will lead to a freeze, browsing youtube will lead to a freeze and even just leaving it hanging at the log in screen will lead to a freeze. After I uninstall AMD Display Drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode I can then restart the computer and do all of the above without it freezing on the onboard graphics card with the exception of gaming.

As of yet I have attempted to install older versions of such as 15.11.1 however, after a restart of the computer with the drivers installed it will go back to how it was and continue to freeze. Alongside this I fully updated my Bios etc in hopes that it may help and was what the customer support team said at sapphire, yet still it keeps freezing.

Specs:

Desktop

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core Processor

Sapphire Nitro R9 380 GB

8GB's Ram (2x4GB)

500W Corsair PSU

Asus M5A78l - M LX

*Currently No Driver Installed*

With Regards to monitor not too sure how to identify certain features, as far as I can tell its: Samsung 1920x1080 Generic PnP monitor.

Any help is much appreciated,

Many Thanks