3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 6:21 PM by thedk

Cannot install Driver version 8.970.100.9001 under Windows 10

thedk

AMD Please update this procedure for Windows 10 versions in 2017.

This driver does not install with an update, like is stated from back in 2016.

Even, if you BCDEDIT fix, it does not work for June 2017 Windows 10 Builds

So, What Does a person do?  You should create a new forum procedure with a 2017 date.

I understand that AMD wants to sell hardware, but if I am using an AMD processor, and I install a video card made out of wood, because it is so old; it should work automatically.  For years, people have been stuck with Catalyst and about 1% of all AMD customers use it.  And 50% of that 1% are employees, former employees or are ignorant.  It taxes our resources, creates an icon in the taskbar that is useless; the least you could do with all that program that nobody uses is make sure that an old card works.  EG, if the card was from 2008, but cost $1000 dollars, it should work forever with the hardware limitations.

MODERATOR NOTE: We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.  This should encourage community participation in your discussion.