0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 8:09 AM by alpha486

RX580 having higher idle power usage than usual

alpha486

I've noticed on several occasions, that my RX 580 sometimes decides to idle with a power draw of 30W or so. Normally i see it hover around 8-10W with temps around 40-50.

This has been causing my GPU to have its temps slowly increase to about 60, where the fans then kick in and bring it back down to 50, until it hits 60 again. http://i.imgur.com/eqKpgeY.png

The power usage usually reverts to about 8W if I restart my PC, but eventually, after no real indication, i see it return to 30W and the temps start rising.

Usually i wouldn't be too concerned, but considering that i have seen my GPU idle at much lower power draws and temps, I feel like i should ask to see if this is usual behaviour.

I have never touched any overclocking or voltage controls, so all clocks should be stock. The GPU hits up to 75 if i turn off my fans while still idle, but has no issue going back to 40-50 if i put them back on. I should also note that my room and case are fairly cool, so i doubt its related to air temps.

PSU: Seasonic G-650 80Plus Gold 650W

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350M-A