3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 7:39 AM by amdmatt

Radeon 6850m BSOD in rocket league and UT3 immediately on main menu

zokay

So recently my system crashes every time I enter main menu of rocket league (I've played normally for over 700 hours ) and unreal tournament 3, other games appear to be working.

I own a laptop Acer aspire 7750g with i7 2630qm processor, 8 gigs of ram (2x4gb), radeon 6850m gpu on windows 10 education version (64bit)

I did a memtest too when I upgraded my ram and it turned out to be fine.

After getting a crash I reinstalled gpu drivers using DDU software and tried to install latest drivers from AMD/drivers section for my specific GPU.

This is the error message I get:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFFC0000094)

Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF8081F4FC989, 0xFFFFBC00CFAFAAF8, 0xFFFFBC00CFAFA330)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.

Google query: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Laptop is not clogged with dust and is not overheating and thermal paste has been changed in the last 6 months or so. I also think my GPU is in good shape because I did a stress test to see if it will crash and it didn't (I quit test after a few minutes when my GPU was 91°C)

If you wanna know more about the laptop's hardware, all specs are here Review Acer Aspire 7750G Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

I've been googling, trying out everything, asking people for advice but the problem is still here.

I attached error message so you can check it out. I can also put any other info you think it may be useful just ask.

Thanks for helping me out.