2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 1:33 AM by kingfish

Help Updating My Display Drivers Using AutoDetect

tokiono

I cant update display drivers. i used the auto detect system and it installed partialy but the display driver said it failed

pls help im like 60 months out of date

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Display driver
          elstaci

This is the computer specs for Tokiono's computer system from the DxDiag.txt he uploaded.

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/21/2017, 19:05:48

Machine name: GAMEMASTER

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.170511-1554)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: 500-c60

BIOS: 80.08

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7628MB RAM

Page File: 4957MB used, 3070MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Uni

I went to HP.com to the support website at HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support  and found that the AMD drivers are from 2015. Ask HP support if your Laptop will work normally with the generic AMD drivers from AMD website.

I would first uninstall the current AMD drivers from your laptop with Control Panel - Uninstall and then use DDU (latest version) in safe mode to completely delete all traces of your current AMD drivers. Then try installing the latest version for your GPU see what happens. Also, as noted in the past, make sure your Windows 8.1 is fully updated to the latest Windows updates. Just make sure you have a copy of your Laptop drivers from HP.com to reinstall in case you keep having problems. I was looking at the APU drivers at AMD.com and I didn't see your particular A6-5700 listed. You going to need to contact HP.com support and asked them which AMD generic driver can be used in your laptop.

Maybe one of the moderators can suggest which AMD A6 driver can be used in your HP laptop since I didn't see a specific A6-5700 APU AMD driver listed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Display driver
            kingfish

This is how you select the correct drivers for your laptop > Download Drivers

Screenshot_1.png

Use the full version...not the 'minimal setup'' > APU

AMD A-Series A6-5200 Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Windows7 and Win8.1 must be fully updated from Windows Update before installing any AMD graphics driver.

1 of 1 people found this helpful