1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 9:46 AM by amdmatt

Trouble Setting up and using AMD Dual Graphics

okinoshima

Hi, I've recently purchased an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-553G-1986 laptop and I'm having some issues with it that may be from it's Dual Graphics. After updating the drivers to the latest version, and downloading all the relevant drivers and updating the BIOS I've been running into problems. When testing out the new laptop with GTA5, I noticed that I only have 1GB of VRAM in the Graphics settings. The dedicated AMD R7 340 is supposed to have 2GB of DDR3 RAM to itself while the APU uses 8GB of DDR4. The AMD Dual Graphics logo appears in the top corner when playing, but I'm uncertain if Dual Graphics had been utilized properly or not? The A12-9700p APU is supposed to work with the R7 M340 to create a hybrid Radeon R8 M445DX but GPU-Z shows while the APU has crossfire enabled, the M340's profile does not. Also in Radeon Additional Settings i see no option for enabling dual graphics unlike several vidoes I've seen where such an option is present? How can I get GTA5 to run more smoothly and how can I make sure dual graphics are enabled (or if I should disable it?)

• Re: Trouble Setting up and using AMD Dual Graphics
          amdmatt

If you see the logo, Dual Graphics is working correctly.

Ignore GTA V and what it says regarding video memory as your laptop is physically wired to the integrated GPU so it will be not able to detect your discrete GPU.

Check with your laptop manufacturer how much shared memory your system has been configured with (likely 2GB total) and that should be the amount available to GTA V, despite what the game tells you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful