8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2018 1:35 PM by a.l.i.

Asus prime B350 plus + R7 1700 RGB question

dabuzz

So I have an Asus prime b350 plus and a Ryzen 1700 with RGB Wraith spire cooler. I can change the static colours when in desktop easily enough but I am wondering if there is a way to have it so it boots up with the colour i choose? Setting the colour in ASUS AI suite utility only takes effect up until reboot and then it reverts to default red. Ideally i would want it to remain the set color without needing me to change it in the AI suite every boot up. Thanks for any help

• Re: Asus prime B350 plus + R7 1700 RGB question
          rebelyell

if you have cpuid-z 1.78 it causes issues in aura for some reason get 1.79 update.. make sure bios has led settings for turning off or stay on and 1 other led setting in the hero board bios. prime should have same or atleast 1 setting also.... try that

dabuzz

Thanks for the reply bud. I don't even have CPU-z installed at the moment

as i just recently did a fresh windows install on a new SSD and haven't got

around to installing it,  also AURA does not seem to work with this

motherboard - I had tried it previously but no dice. The BIOS does not seem

to have any LED settings at all, i just checked before posting. The only

way to change the RGB led on the Spire is to use Asus AI suite utlity in

desktop and it only works up until you reset.

rebelyell

this is a shot in the dark but. do you have bios set to advanced or ez mode. if its in ez mode. click on boot and set to advance or press f7 in tweaker should be same just easier. there should be a setting for led.. unless im overlooking something here.. yaknow the best think for you too do is grab your mother board box it came in and call asustek support they will help you out and it is a asus problem.. wish i had the answer for you.

kxuping

At least on my Gigabyte Aorus GA-X370-GAMING K7 the BIOS/EFI has a RGB configuration where you can setup the colors you want and save them. And gigabye has a windows SW to change the colors too. Try reading the motherboard manual to see were in the BIOS you can change the colors.

rebelyell

should be under advanced then rgb lighting and under sleep mode, s3, or soft mode setting.

dabuzz

Thanks guys but there really are no RGB option in the BIOS for this board.

The only way to change RGB is with the AI suite utility in desktop. Anyway

i have spoken to ASUS support and according to them it is not working as

intended. The agent told me that using AI suite it is supposed to maintain

the selected color on reboot. He suggested i have it exchanged which i have

arranged now with Amazon. The agent was really helpful and told me i could

keep the original board i bought when i recieve the replacement, which is

pretty sweet because it works perfectly fine apart from this.

a.l.i.

Hello everyone, I also did not know the advice, but I found a way to control the colors.

In the first place, it is necessary to have an RGB cable attached from the right side of the radiator, so that turning on the PC must be red ... green, it means that you connected it wrong ... The second step is to check if it is enabled in BIOS ... By default, this is how it is enabled, but it may be disabled ... The third step is to access the Asus web site of our board and download Ai Suite III + Fan RGB LED Control

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AI_Suite_III_2.00.12_20170728.zip?_ga=2.228134175.386140957.1514545646-10941…

Once you install it, it will ask you to restart your computer ... restart normally! Then just open Suite Ai, which will have the Fan RGB LED Control application in three basic colors - blue, red, green You choose between them as they are Blue + Red Blue + Green Blue + Green + Red..

I already had the AI Suite installed, so I installed only the Fan RGB LED Control.