2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 7:56 AM by amdmatt

R9 390x randomly crashes during game and sets clock speed to 300mhz and mem clock to 150mhz.

sukimendoza

After an AMD patch (I don't remember which one) I started to experience an issue where any game I play may suddenly and randomly crash. I thought at first that It was the games fault and nothing more, but after it happening so many times and on so many different games, I started to lean away from the idea that it was the various games fault. The issue I'm having, in detail, is that whenever I play a game, my GPU may crash (or so it seems) which freezes the majority of my games, or crashes them entirely. This doesn't happen all the time, and it happens at random intervals. After the crash, my GPUs core clock is set to an unchangeable 300mhz and the memory clock is also unchangeable, set at 150mhz, which are idle clock speeds. The only way I have been able to fix this without restarting my computer is disabling and re-enabling my card. Some days I can be playing multiple games for hours without a single error. Other days I can hardly go a few minutes in without the crash. I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and have done some research on it, which to my surprise, many other people are also experiencing this issue.

My card is the PowerColor Devil R9 390x.
      I've tried reinstalling my drivers in addition to a complete reinstall of windows, and it didn't work. I haven't had this card for very long, and its never given me this issue in the past. It started showing up after an AMD update a few months back.

I am really irritated and frustrated at this point, I've looked everywhere for a fix. Any information is greatly appreciated.