3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 7:50 AM by amdmatt

Eyefinity breaks with certain games

pungmunken

So I've got an AMD FX-8370 with 32GB ram and a bunch of SSD's and stuff. One Saphire Radeon RX480 Nitro+ 8GB graphics card and three Samsung monitors, two of them are C27F396FHU curved and one SyncMaster SA950. Windows 10 Pro version 1703 build 15063.413 and graphics driver version 22.19.162.4.

Configuring and running Eyefinity over all three monitors works like a charm until I try to run Elite Dangerous, then the SyncMaster loses it's signal. I can go into the settings in on the other two monitors and set resolution to 5760x1080, then everything goes blank for a few seconds like it's reconfiguring but then it goes back to the two monitors on the sides. The funny thing is that even when I exit the game the SyncMaster doesn't get it's signal back. I have to go into Radeon settings, remove Eyefinity and reconfigure it.

I know I've run the game in Eyefinity but I get the feeling that it was before I upgraded to the RX480, I had two R9 380's a while back. I still have those cards laying around but I'm hoping I won't have to downgrade to get this to work. Dirt 3 and 4 works perfectly on all three monitors...

Anyone got any idea's?

• Re: Eyefinity breaks with certain games
          rebelyell

i run eyefinity for years 5760x1080 still . in crimson click display make sure hdmi link assurance is enabled on all 3 monitors in crimson. uninstall any and all 3rd party Gpu software first. keep in mind some games dont scale that high but i havent found any yet.

why are you setting every monitor? they should be as they where. just go into radeon settings and setup eyefinity.! there should be 1 setting of 5760x1080 not every monitor.

pungmunken

Hey, great! I had the center monitor connected through displayport but when I changed cable I could set the HDMI link assurance and now it works! Don't really understand why since other games worked just fine, but hey, thank you!

The part about setting resolution on each monitor was when the display got split up, it showed the same image of the settings on both displays...

amdmatt

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.