I've been having this very weird issue since I built my PC over a year ago.
Basically what's happening is my mouse and display freeze for a very short amount of time every few seconds while gaming/performing resource demanding tasks on my PC.
I've attempted fixing this issue for a pretty long time and nothing seemed to help.
It even happens in situations like launching web browsers, clicking the search button in Windows Update which drives me crazy to be honest.
Here's the list of tweaks I've tried already:
- Reinstalling Windows (15+ times, tried both Windows 7 and 10)
- BIOS tweaks (disabling HPET, EIST, C-States etc.)
- Made sure every single driver is up to date
- GPU tweaks (disabling shader cache/setting texture filtering to high performance mode)
- Putting drivers in MSI mode
However, I've noticed that installing very old GPU drivers (mid 2015, some drivers from 2016 work as well) makes the situation better in Windows, it doesn't stutter anymore while launching programs and the mouse is way more responsible but games still feel very unsmooth and it's so bad in my case I consider it unplayable. I've tested Windows 7 and 8.1 and the issue was still there, however it's less noticeable and I don't remember it happening on desktop. I have pretty much lost hope and I'm slolwy starting to think about getting a completely new PC.
My PC specs:
- Intel Core i5-6500
- Asus Radeon R9 380X 4GB
- Corsair Vengeance LPX, DDR4, 8GB, 2133MHz
- MSI B150M Mortar
- Western Digital Caviar Blue, 3.5'', 1TB
- Kingston V300 240GB
- Corsair VS Series 550W
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!