ancar66tn

I just did the following set up:

Ryzen 7 1800X

Samsung PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD MZVLV512HCJH 512GB M.2

Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400

ASRock X370 Taichi AM4 AMD Promontory X370 SATA

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia GTX 960

After install windows and restart the system, the screen freezes.Only doing the reboot bring the computer back to life but only to freeze it again and again

I would like to know if this a CPU issue.

I already change the motherboard twice, memory once  and hard drive twice (a lots of RMA)

If this a CPU issue why AMD sells this CPU with bugs?

Thanks

• Re: Ryzen 7 1800 freezing
          rebelyell

have you enabled nvme in bios??? im sure you have, just checking. did you manually set ram timings i hope so. did you set voltages? so basically windows will not post. is your ram on the QVL list qualified vendor list? it really seems its a bios setting getting over looked. so post back what you have set and havnt in the bios. do you have boot setting correct for eufi to boot or legacy and eufi.

since they are non-ecc stick i would set them at 2133mhz see if it boots. i did look at some feedback on those, alot of defective on those. but lets check everything else first. then test them. i did not look on qvl list. make sure. and for safe measure lets go ahead and set cpu voltage to 1.4v and soc 1.15v

• Re: Ryzen 7 1800 freezing
            whiskey-foxtrot

Also check your PSU whatever it is - make sure it's rated enough to handle the load; make sure you have cables (both 24 pin and 8 pin) seated properly.