7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 3:00 PM by shorty109

HDMI audio output disappeared

oliie

So I'm running RX 480. After installing the newest drivers two days ago (not sure which to be honest) the HDMI audio output running to my BenQ GL2460 monitor that has speakers has DISAPPEARED.

The weird thing is that after installing 17.6.2 the output appears... until I reboot because after a reboot it disappears again for some reason.

When it's gone, it's nowhere to be found. Not in the audio device selection menu, not in the device manager, NOWHERE. I need a quick solution to this please.

• Re: HDMI audio output disappeared
          elstaci

You might get a quicker solution by giving detail specs of your computer system. How is the monitor connected to the graphics card? What have you done to resolve the problem and the results?

oliie

Detailed specs don't matter. The monitor is connected via HDMI.

I actually solved the problem. I simply rolled back to the 16.12.2 driver and all works just fine.

The 17.x drivers are garbage and apparently I'm not the only one with this issue, because after posting this thread I found a few other threads like mine and all are saying they have this problem. AMD doesn't seem to be bothered by fixing it though.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                shorty109

Why was my reply rejected??????

Which part do you want me to edit??????

I have a problem with the HDMI drivers, full stop.

I'm now beginning to agree with Oliie.

I give you the information and you don't do anything with it.

AMD doesn't give me an option to download the version 16 drivers.

Version 17.10 came with the card. The HDMI drivers disappear with that version as well........

shorty109

Hi Oliie. I've got exactly the same problem. Just bought an RX550. Installed fine, HDMI output visible in Playback devices. Rebooted pc. NO HDMI drivers/devices visible (Show disabled or disconnected enabled). As I've only just bought this card the only available driver is from the AMD site (Ver 17.6.2) Where can I download the version 16 drivers from?

RX550 replaced a broken HD5770. Never had any problems with HD5770 drivers (HDMI playback devices always available after a driver update)

Will be returning RX550 (Hardware ok, software not fit for purpose)

Windows 10 Pro (Ver 1703 Build 15063.43)

Connected to Panasonic TV with HDMI lead.

oliie

I'm not sure your card even has the 16.x drivers, as those are for cards that existed in 2016 (I think RX550 is a 2017 card) but you can try uninstalling the drivers using DDU and installing them fresh. At least this is the only solution I found that *may* work and doesn't include rolling back to old drivers. I haven't tried it but you should and please report back if it works.

shorty109

Managed to get ver 16.12.2 drivers, you are correct, they're not for the RX550. (No, they didn't work). Also read on Windows 10 forum that the problem was due to clashing with installed Realtek audio drivers. Followed instructions and updated Realtek drivers. Didn't make a scrap of difference. Still no HDMI playback devices. Have installed/uninstalled the RX550 so many times, have got the AMU clean up utility on shortcut. None of the version 17 drivers display HDMI playback devices after reboot. Have now returned the RX550 (unfortunately) for a refund. Reinstalled  another HD5770 and yes I have the HDMI playback devices again :-)

Windows 10 Pro (Ver 1703 Build 15063.43)

Connected to Panasonic TV with HDMI lead.