6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 11:04 AM by bege

Cannot correctly install driver for Radeon R5 M450 with AMD A8 on Windows 7 64-bit

bege

Hi,

because I don't want to work with Windows 10 I installed Windows 7 on a HP notebook that came with Windows 10.

Everything works well but the graphics drivers.

I installed them exactly following this tutorial https://community.amd.com/thread/207699

From AMD website I received the driver package "whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.4.4-may3.exe" and installed. (HP doesn't offer Windows 7 driver for this notebook.)

After restart the device manager shows "AMD Radeon R5 M330" and "Videocontroller (VGA compatible)".

In Windows 10 it was correctly "AMD Radeon R5 M450" and "AMD Radeon R5" with the driver package from HP website.

When I try to open the Radeon settings I receive the error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly."

When I try to run the AMD Problem Report Wizard I receive the error message "This application failed to start because it could not find or load Qt patform plugin "windows" in ""."

I made two attempts to clean uninstall with AMD Cleanup Utility and DDU and reinstalled. Still the same result.

What can I do to correctly install the graphics drivers?