53 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 12:58 AM by rebelyell

Need help with my ryzen build

x58

Hope you guys can read this, otherwise you can read below the PC SPECS I really feel so desperate  i have asking for help in many, many forums but everyone tell me to come here and explain my situation.

Hello  everyone I'm Yuriy from Venezuela i'm 25 years old and we are living under a tyranny here in my country weather the Maduro Government  not respect people  Human Rights  Therefore we are living under a terrible economy situation, lack of security, even the police and national guard steals people things in front of international cameras etc, etc. Today I really need help with my pc, but please take in consideration that my English is not that Good, I'm the only way i get this Ryzen build was by very very lucky friend I meet from USA which helped me to Build this PC, which I wanted to use for BTC coins but to be honest this is not possible, and I rather use this pc at least to achieve the best performance and smooth conditions, to start a business, when talks about business is that to get some money by playing or testing latest games, or to try to learn a language or development skills in 3D Things i don´t know the point is i don't have money, and quite skinny yes, but most of you could say, dude why you spend 430$? in this part pc, well it was an opportunity one in one million, and we don´t get paid in dollars in Venezuela, is we compared our salary to dollars is like 25$ a month, and sadly one pound ham is around 8-9$ So without any more to say, this friend make a deal with me, taking in consideration my vision about to have a better pc, and I ended up playing Runescape to him 12 hours straight to make some dollars and buy this pc, but yeah as i said this never happens to me, and was one oportunity in life, hope someday i can find more people like him, to save dollars and try to move on to another country or make money with BTC and support my family, but without anymore to say, i want to describe what problem i do have with my pc

PC SPECS:

MotherBoard: Asrock Ab350 Fatality K4 Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 1600

RAM: Patriot 2x4 GB PV48G320C6K (11D1) 3200 mhz (i bought this because is under QVL list of my Asrock Mobo)

PSU: ThermalTake ToughPower XT 775 bronze +80

CASE: Thermaltake V9 Black edition (this case doesn't come with front usb 3.0)

Graphic: EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB

My problem is that I have been facing some performance problems in Windows and in Bios, is like the mouse is so laggy, i feel like there is a Visual lag, mouse in games feels with input lag how can i explain this, I don't feel connected in games, I feel like  a total newbie  my reflects are so.. off, and this never happen to me before, even in Games like dota2, or Crisis, or Heroes of the storm... I ensure to have High-Performance Battery, and gpu to not saving power in games, i checked with the rivaturner to avoid any gpu down clock or cpu downclock while in game,  I can say that I've tried already everything or at least the best, to try to get my Windows 10  full responsiveness but i guess i have fail and that's why I'm here asking for help: My windows is 10 version 1607 is  fully  updated, all security updates, criticals etc.  Also in Bios i have  this issue, this motherboard bios UEFI has a terrible lag in the panel/interface i tried to swap mouse, connectors etc, but lemme explain what i have do so far, so you can help me

So, Today has been a long, long day, I ended up by testing more, more  things

First Off, I disconnected my pc from a power cord, and connect directly to the wall's outlets then, I open my case, take apart the cover and then, I start to disconnect things like: HDD, DVD/CD reader and by testing separated things, but the symptoms did continued, after  that I decide to Disconnect from my PSU those cables that are for SATA and case fans, also I disconnected the SSD cable too And I let just connected the GPU cable to supply my GTX 580. Then I test my GTX on both PCIE EXPRESS PORT of my Asrock ab350, and the symptoms continued, the same mouse lag cursor etc etc. Also I disconnected USB cables in the motherboard (the only that brings with my v9 case for front panel USB which are 2 usb port), also I disconnected the HD audio cable. So at the end I ended up with only the POWER/RESET/HD LED cables, and the rest was 8 pin processor cable connected, the cpu fan cooler connected, the 24 pins of course, and nothing more else, and I boot to bios, and yeah my rear panel all usb were funtionally, and i tested each usb with my both mouse and keyboard, and sadly the problem persist u.u So i guess is not the power supply, neither the SSD, or HDD, or DVD/reader because they were unplugged, and the power supply just was supplying the gpu and the others cables mentioned earlyAnd then I was checking the motherboard closely everything there. I ensure to have everything seat/connected well, also i reset THE CMOS, i did too take off and put back the Lithium battery, I swap my memories, tested with one module memory, with the 2 two memory itself, then I disconnected and connect the 24 pins connectors etc,etc. The only thing that I didn't wanted to do was: to RESET the Cpu chipset... because i don't have thermal paste to put it back, so I decide to not to reset my cpu... when I say reset, is to take off the cpu chipset wait for couple seconds and put it back, then cleaning with alcohol and blah blah, but i didn't that part.. because as I say I don't have thermal paste... so i don't want to mess temperatures.. Also I did check for every cable there, but so far everything was good plug, and in good conditions

So as you can see I've tried everything except Tweaking the bios itself, becuase i don't want to damage this pc, also I have tried put everything on default, i just Leave the processor oc to 3.7 with 1.3 as most ryzen forums recommend, and the  XMP profile to 2.1 to active or achieve the 3200 Memory OC, the rest i guess I don´t touch anything.

So I'm  hoping that someone  can help, this is driving me crazy, I want to learn more about pc, and be nice with other people that need my help, thanks alot.

ATT: Yuriy.

• Re: Need help with my ryzen build
          rebelyell

ok so i assume your using a usb connected mouse.. ok, always check ingame settings as some have a reduce mouse input lag setting, also windows has some mouse settings like raw input or acceleration. look at those too.. but i really think its a simple problem of what is your mouse ( what kind) and what are you using the mouse to slide on, some can see glass some need a pad or wood  blah blah. so look under mouse, look at the laser or light (dont stare at it ) grab a paper towel Q-tip or cloth and gently twist and clean off the little light in the little hole. .  1 piece of dust can make mine go very slow, they are very touchy. most likely dirt on light lens..

arcticwind

Go to "setting" for win10,  select "Devices",  select "mouse and touchpad",  select "additional mouse options",  select the "pointer options" tab,

under the motions section, toggle the "enhance pointer precision" checkbox. 

If none of the windows "settings" adjustments fix the issue, you may need to flash or update your system BIOS.

whiskey-foxtrot

You mentioned that the mouse is "laggy" in Windows AND in the BIOS correct? If so, see what rebelyell said. I haven't seen this issue linked to an ASRock BIOS, but an update could be in order if there are unlikely conflicts. If you decide to update your BIOS, make sure you have the correct and most current one from ASRocks support site.

x58

Hello, nice too met you everyone and thanks for reply my question. But, yeah I've  cleaned my G9 logitech, also as I mentioned I've tested too an optical mouse USB, beside my g9 lacer, and the problem persist, and gotta say that I always check for mouse acceleration, I don't use that, because is  even worse so I rather  use windows point slice to 6 point to avoid any acceleration,  I also not so friend of Logitech G9 drivers, because those software are not necessary, my mouse come itself with 1000 polling rate, but I have use before the drivers and tried 125 hz, 250, 333, 512 and problem persist, plus by changing DPI too nothing seems to improve, also I ensure to disable DPI SCALING on software or programs that I will use in case of any problem, and i set my native resolution 1680x1050, I've test in games Fullscreen, Windowed+fullscreen, or windowed, and nothing happens,   so is not a mouse thing, as i said i tested with other mouse optical.

I guess, maybe the culprit of my problem are the Nvidia cards, the  EVGA GTX 580 seems to be the problem of  input lag, even with drivers and bios update i't doesn't get better, because I remember when I was using my  old  XFX 9600 geforce, I had a mouse input lag, and visual lag but not so heavy, so I´m not so sure about this, but I came to this Geforce forums, and saw a guy that is/or was having the same  problem in 2011  MadClover,  like he say, he feels mouse lag in Crisis 2, but when he swap to hes ATI 5900 or something like that at the same fps, mouse movements and everything become more  responsiveness, so that was I'm facing and if you read both pages 1/2, he tells that also in Windows, and Browser happens,that lag  and thats what im facing.

PS: He made a Windows Fresh Installation, before putting the Nvidia card itself, and properly Driver installed, so is not an Windows thing.

This is the guy of Gtx 580 https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/504972/sli/gtx-580-stutter-lag-lag-under-50-
                fps/1/

Also I did a properly clean and install of my NVIDIA DRIVERS, by following this guide.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/467215/geforce-drivers/geforce-driver-installation-guide-a-guide-to-ensure-your…

Also I ensure always of install properly my Nvidia graphic drivers  with custom nvidia installation to perform/clean  old drivers, , I have apply many fresh install method, including 7zip the nvidia drivers, to deleted  extra folders like (nvidia geforce experecience, shadow plays, etc. And leaving only the important files. Also i have installed Nvidia Drivers like the original method as Nvidia explains to users, by using directly the SETUP, so i can tell with the true that i have do everything, and properly, without messing things

Now my question is what about if I, try to put 2 Nvidia cards which are not SLI, in this Asrock Ab350 fatality k4 motherboard? like the GTX 580 in the pcie 3.0 16x slot, to work as the primary graphic with my monitor connected on it, and then in the second 16x which is like black the pcie express, i connect the 9600 GT, as a Physix? i know nvidia physix only works for certainly games, and maybe this won´t fix my problem

Seems like I need a ATI videocard, but as i said here in Venezuela we are under protest, everything is aff =/

I have also do a clean Windows Installation, I always check my Device Manager, to see if there are old device entries like, when you plug or unplug the same device it created old entries, so i unistall old entries, I don´t use third-party software to avoid any damage into registry, i do all Manually i really love to learn and have everything properly set, so maybe those GTX 580 or nvidia 9600 has these input lag by manufacturer? and this motherboard built in UEFI doesn't work properly? or..... the motherboard is okay, but this GTX need some tweaks internals, aff this is driving me crazy, i want to be happy u.u, sorry for the drama...

PS: I have my bios updated to the latest version 2.60 AGESA 1.006 for my motherboard, I downloaded from my manufacturer asrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming etc.

Hope someone can still helping me.

rebelyell

you could check the voltage on the psu .. i believe the usb runs on the 12 volt rail if i remember correctly. you could download aida64  and check the 12 volt  5v and 3.3v . as long as its not under -5%  your ok there if it is lower could be an issue. its worth a try. !

rebelyell

i was just thinking . i am not sure if your mobo has enable/disable southbridge or not. but make sure you may want to bump that a little bit. without looking i believe its setting at  .9-1.1  bump that to 1.28..

x58

Thanks for answer Rebelyell

This is the screenshoot of Aida64 voltages

Observations:       

The cpu Core voltages jumps from: 0.258 to 0.648 Like frequently it does, scaled from 0.258 to 0.300 then 0.648
                        Aux: is 2560- seems to jump 2576 and backs to 2560

+5 Standby= 5261, seems to down to 5236, and backs to 5261
                        GPU VRM 7:50 A  up to 8.00 A  like up and down
                        GPU VRM 7:50 W goes to 7:00 W and same up and down

breo10.png

Quote:
                        I was just thinking . i am not sure if your mobo has enable/disable southbridge or not. but make sure you may want to bump that a little bit. without looking i believe its setting at  .9-1.1  bump that to 1.28..

Where i can find that option o.O? im going to check if there an option with Enable or Disable South- Bridge,
                        I have this Asrock ab350 fatality gaming k4 manual: in case if you find too if you can ofc

This is what i found about the Southbridge, also i take screenshoots about the voltages in bios
                        voltajes.jpg

southbridge.jpg

This is the manual in case you can help me more ty.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Manual

PS: Excuse me community AMD, but why do i'm getting the alert "Current being moderated" And seems that it need to be approved? this make me

rebelyell

some motherboards or version dont have as many settings.  so set southbridge at 1.28v and you will be fine on that. it usually tops at 1.26 so 1.28 is fine. see if  it helps.

rebelyell

well unless im tired or overlooked something. you havent set nothing much in the bios. well we need to get that done. first lets set the cpu too 1.375 volt then set cpu ( SOC ) too 1.1875v thats to help ram since your running 3200mhz . set ram or it says dram to .5 over factory setting, it should be on the ram package and on the ram sticks also. its either 1.2 or 1.35 usually so .5 over stock. do that and post back

x58

This AMD motherboard doesn't come with many options, I think my problem can be Either The GPU or the PSU :/ I don't know, there are many forums out there, i have do clean windows perfectly, fresh install, step by step to ensure chipset drivers are updated and everything fresh

The thing is when i press f5 to refresh desktop if I leave pressed the f5 icons starts blinking till disappear then re/appear
                              Rams are fine tested with typhom software, the SSD itself no errors, the hdd is perfect too

So maybe the culprit is the electricity in my house ? you see my outlets doesn't come with the Ground-copper wire, maybe thats can be a problem no grounded Monitor power conector? no grounded Power Supply ?

Screenshot_5.png
                              Because either the monitor cable or PSU ports of electricity, both are C13/c14 like the picture also their cables bring 3 phases the ground and i guess positive and negative, i'm not an electrician hehe, so maybe that's can be the culprit? that even my outlets has that plastic cover with the c13/c14 conectors, inside of them, there are not GROUND-connection, and probably that cause STATIC? and damage my gpu or smooth sensation?

Wish someone here can help me too more people i'm glad you are helping rebelyell and the rest of you, but these conclusions that i'm thinking oh god x.x

rebelyell

just a quick reply. i live in a old house all oulets are only 2 prong style not 3 . but i use a high end power surge protector . the 2nd ground is a safety feature for modern homes.

i cant say if your home hase ripple in voltage or not. but i high quality power protector would not be a bad idea. mine cost 100$ and also can plug internet in incase of lightening strike nearby. either way that is almost a  standard of using power surge protection for pc's. it could or could not be the answer to fix. but is recomended highly.

rebelyell

i am still waiting on if you finished setting those few voltages yet in bios. and new pics would be nice to help you better. i didnt reread everything but i do assume you installed all the mother board utilities and drivers right. also there is settings in bios to enable certain usb drivers. some can be switched like asus on the 3.1.. so im curious. post back once you get volts set. and we move forward here.

x58

Sorry for not posting in a while, here i  Venezuela situation has been very rough or tough, the thing is i'm here dying, i mean i'm getting tired of everything, pissed off, disappointed... maybe there is a problem with a dirty electricity here in home? maybe the ram that i bought was designed for x99 intel platform and not good for my Motherboard? but thats weird because, i ensure about that, these patriot 2x4 ram pv48g320c6k  (11D1) were test QVL in this ASrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming in 3200 running mhz.. so I dont know what to do pv48g320c6k  (11D1)

Tried to run cemus emulator 1.8.1b last version followed the instructions over internet im seeing youtube videos of people loading the games from that emulator very well cfg like i followed their guides, but my games take like 20-30 secs to load, but their games load super fast lesss than 5 seconds, and I check their specs, and arent not so good as my specs

PC SPECS Ryzen 5 1600
                                    EVGA GTX 1060 6gb <-- someone gave me this as a gift
                                    Ram  Patriot model pv48g320c6k  (11D1) 2x4 (8gb) 3200 mhz 16-18-18-36

PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 775 Bronze 80 (2011 years) aida says that i have a good 12 rail, 3.3 and 5.0, but maybe the powersupply is dying and cause pc low performance?
                                    SSD: CRUCIAL M500 240 GB <-- kinda new...
                                    Windows10 Pro Creator 64 fully updated
                                    Bios AGESA 1.006 (last version)

My windows 10 is fresh install 0 bloatwares etc etc.

So i dont know what to do  

x58

Maybe my problem is related to: (ISA) Microsoft ACPI-COMPLIANT System, i have 511 of them  like 54 to-511 thats like a total of 457k1hyOAi6RoyH7OsjAirP4A.png

rebelyell

in the bios i would set south bridge volts to 1.28v.. i cant remember if yours says sounth bridge or vdd or? but i will be in my bios today i will look and tell you which one it is.. it may just fix the input laggs. and as i said before auto settings will lagg things. and your cutting it close on 6b card and ram but should be ok.

lets look at south bridge volt 1.28

x58

Hello rebelyell thanks for being continued with me, trying to help n.n

I will be taking all pictures with the key f12 inside of my bios, then edit all pictures and upload here, so you can see better, my Bios options. because i dont see any option with South Bridge Volts at 1.28.

x58

Here im attaching the necessary photos but i have all bios photos if you want.170710122149.BMP

voltaje general.BMP

rebelyell

definatley need more pictures. all of oc tweaker and advanced tabs..

make sure your bios is in advanced mode and not easy mode if that board has the option.. i dont see many settings

x58

Wow, its has been a long day, I was taking all bios picture each section, grabbing and ensuring that,  all the pictures in the Pendrive, were good  edited, checking everything, then i ended up by compressing in winrar.7z, which has a total of 2.94 megabytes, with 62 pictures, hope you can check each pictures, also i leave a note there, explaning about the options that i didn't have accces, thanks for your time rebelyell

x58

rebelyell

moderation is normal. it happens to all of us. its jive doing that. no worries.

rebelyell

turn smt mode to auto .. in advanced / amd cbs zen options

rebelyell

since your not using security device disable it.... unless you do use it sometimes.

rebelyell

bump up cpu voltage  a little to 1.35. should be enough on 6 cores maybe 1.38

x58

Now the cpu I tried to bump from 1.30v  to 1.35 but pc won't post to bios, maybe this is happening because, i set my Voltages in Oc-tweaker according to manual? instead of leave auto, like it was on default, and now i need to figure which options sync with the cpu voltage... maybe i need to save a profile, and load defaults, just to test or check which voltage option in oc-tweakers connects with the cpu volts, because i remember that i use to up to 1.3333 volt to run  3.8 like in a youtube video, but you are telling me to run 3.7 with volt 1.35-1.38v :O but you are the master not me, so i follow all your advises, what can i do to, set 1.35? should i do f9 load bios default etc?

cpuvoltage 1.35.BMP

And lastly i disable security device, sucesfull

Security Device disabled.BMP

rebelyell

set smt in tweaker to auto also

rebelyell

those ram sticks are goofy set dram 1.4 in tweaker

rebelyell

that TFAW in dram timings looks really low but if thats where it was on auto let it alone.  thats ( time four a windows) .if it set it there let that alone looks odd though.. just saying....

x58

Hello thanks for your time, here are a pictures about SMT, seems that there is not auto option:
                                                                    OC TWEAKER SMT-Mode there is not (auto there)
                                                                    smtmode1.BMP

SMT MODE IN ADVANCED, there is not auto neither

smtmode2.BMP

x58

TFAW- yep is 24 +description, but doesn't come with AUTO, i guess 24 its default
                                                                      Tfaw.BMP

This is on manual by default, should i set to Auto?

Tfaw Ctrl.BMP

These are my ram PV48G320C6K (11D1) Samsung 11D1, according to my manufacturer Asrock Motherboard i have this rams, i checked the box and it says designed to INTEL X99, but my manufacturer asrock ab350 says that this memory is QVL 3200
                                                                      asrock1.png

I Followed your advise and up from 1.35 to 1.4

170712215723.BMP

Also these memory can up to 3200 when using XMP profile 2.1, it sets timing to 16-18-18-36

But in asrock someone tell me to set to 3066 and timings 15-17-17-35, but my pc read as 16-17-17-35

also these are my avalaible mhz  i want a responsiveness pc, not with visual lag or what so ever, thats why im here
                                                                      with you, figuring what is set wrong or etc

My memory can up to 3200 but i dont know why i set to 3066.BMP

Thaipoon burner,  this is a program that read my memory and take a look in 1600mhz frequency :O
                                                                      Says  faw 36 :O?  also the rc is 64, and i'm running 3066 is like 1533 each dram slot, but my fav are 24, and rc 40

typhon.png

rebelyell

did you use software to set up the bios settings or did you do this in the bios?

x58

All through bios, haven't touched the Windows, i mean haven't use yet the Ryzen-tool, to set volts or something, just the bios itself.
                                                                          did you see all pictures that i posted and the taiphon with the TFAW 36 for 1600 :O, was checking the forums and people blame the xmp profile 2.1 that is not configuring properly the RD, TFWA, TRRD things like that ^^, and also my bios has no smt auto, just enable ,disable.

rebelyell

yea xmp never was very good. its better to let your ram train its own config. plugging in the first numbers on the package.  and set bios to try 5 times or so to get a post to train the ram sticks but for now just use xmp... i saw the how many attemps to post  on your pic somwhere. default is 1 time , not enough...

i dont know why you can bump up voltage on cpu unless you used a profile or something.. if you used profile just set volt back to where t was..

x58

Well the Fail Count on my memory are 3

So should i up to 5 the failt count?,  and activate the advance memory training?

Also do you recomend me to  leave on the xmp, and dont pay attention to timings, or TFAW, rdc, trdd? etc ?

and yeah about the cpu i will load a moment the default settings, and check which option isn't leaving me to set the cpu voltage to 1.35
                                                                                  But are you sure that i really need volts 1.35 or 1.38 on this ryzen 5 1600 oc to 3.7? thanks for your time.

rebelyell

can you lower the hertz on monitor??? 

x58

Currently I´m running in native mode 1680x1050, in this fresh  windows i haven´t modified or touched resolutions at all
                                                                                  And  in this windows when i try to play a WII U GAME in CEMUS 1.8.1 like most youtubers do, well when loading a game, just by picking the game
                                                                                  and hitting load, it takes like 30-40 seconds to load the game, to post the Shaders bars... not like others youtubers that they just hit load, and games load so fast, and they have the same hardware or even a little be less powerful

IMG_9718[1].JPG

This a video that had to recorded with Iphone to show the sluggishness or choppyness, in youtube if you type:   Cs 1.6 isnt Smooth, and find the user yuriy yakimov, you´ll see the frame'time or lag, and that what its happening with most games in general, even desktop etc. i don´t post here the URL, because it will be under (moderation, until you see)

rebelyell

this is for windows 10 ryzen power plan. get the package and go in windows and use the ryzen power plan if you have win 10..  Chipset

also keep your ram sticks at 1.4 it wont hurt. do you have windows setup in game mode or no? theres alot needs turned off in win 10. !  keep monitor at 60 hertz so you dont need vsync.

rebelyell

ok heres what you need to do... download the ryzen power plan ok...

disable smt mode and let it there..

1st put monitor at 60 hertz disable vsync and other garbage..

2nd your ram is holding you back its not enough for cpu and gpu to run at best performance...

3rd this now out of the scope of AMD issue. and i cant help with that. i suggest tenforums for windows and nvidia forums for gpu. and hope you can get more or better ram sticks..

thats the best that we can do for you...!

x58

I'm very satisfied with all your help and effort Jane, thanks alot, and yes i use to have already the Amd Ryzen balanced, and well im going to turn off in BIOS the SMT.
                                                                                        Now do you think my memory kit is not enough powerful for my Ryzen or GPU righ? you mean in speed mhz? or timings? if so, what ram should I buy? to get the most performance? , this is my last question, and thanks again.

ad.png

rebelyell

the best ram is  G.skill Flare-x 3200mhz  16gb kit ..these will run stock settings 3200 manually put timings in... also they will run 3466mhz with 16 16 16 18 38 timings and with a good voltage boost 1.45v same timings  3600mhz with a good mother board maybe your can do it .. but 3200 is gauranteed and run #1 best...!