7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 12:59 PM by kxuping

AMD Fan Art

daquteness

Hi guys! I've been scouring the internet for a centralized AMD fan art forum or at least a thread buried somewhere and only found a mixed bag of scribbles and screenshots...

Having said that, I've decided to try and kickstart this myself so I've created yesterday a couple of somewhat minimal wallpapers based on the signature Ryzen coolers. These were made in Blender (source available on request) and took about 3h, and I'm posting them here in hopes to bring creative minds together with some fan art (no pun intended).

To keep people motivated, I'll keep creating and posting here in hopes of drawing more people in!

EDIT: To keep myself motivated, please at least drop a like on the main post to see if it's worth pursuing this Much appreciated! Think of it as sort of a poll...

Enjoy!! If anyone actually does like them, I have up to 8K resolution available.

Cheers!

V.

WraithAMD_Red_FHD_small.png

WraithAMD_Black_FHD_small.png

• Re: AMD Fan Art
          daquteness

As promised, I'll keep uploading stuff I make until I get told to stop Should be able to do one every week or two, and I try and make it the best I can in less than 6h as a rule.

ICE_RedTeam.jpg

Enjoy! This one I only have in 1080p but if someone wants it, I can render bigger ones... wish I had a better computer to work faster

Cheers!.

V.

kxuping

I really like the second AMD fan wallpaper, but looking at my PC, I think the AMD logo is a bit bigger on the Ryzen 1700 fan. I always download the bigger version of wallpapers, so I can use on all screens.

daquteness

Hey there, thanks for the feedback! I only did this based on reference pics I found on the internet, modeled and rendered in just a couple of hours, and I took a bit of artistic license to make it more suitable to screens

Actually you gave me an idea, I'll put all the files on a GDrive folder later this evening for everybody to get on all available sizes, you should be able to get that one in up to 4K if you want it - if you have any ideas for a future fan art piece, just drop me a line and watch it happen

Cheers!

V.

whiskey-foxtrot

One idea I had based on the second ("scratched") "R" is to invert the colors, change the camera angle so the "R" is laying down, but rising up (coming out of the red background).

daquteness

It's actually a bit easier than you'd think as the whole thing is rendered, very little post-processing done apart from texturing the smears/paint scratches and colour balance. Wouldn't the colour inversion render the logo blue? or am I misunderstanding something?

I'll have a stab at it this evening when I get home, see where it leads. My next project is actually a lot in line with your Oscar Mike in terms of colour theme, a combination of Zen sand garden and Ryzen logo. Can't wait to post it this weekend

I'd love to get my hands on the Radeon Pro Render engine and see how that works but the selection process is in my opinion just not entirely relevant, I could test the ins and outs easily if I got approved for the beta as I've been in this business for 10 years and the beta survey doesn't even ask for a link to some work/portfolio. Anyway, we'll see, would be nice if they let me in...

kxuping

daquteness can I use your wallpapers on screenshots and videos of my desktop?

Do you have a twitter or deviatnart link?

Im waiting for the 4K versions.