3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2017 5:38 PM by vonchen

ReLive not installing display drivers on laptop?

justaguy

Hi,

I aquired a HP-15 ba010ng laptop for a relative and wanted to set it up.

I installed Windows 7 64 bit and the one thing that I can't seem to get working is the display driver, everything else works fine.

Dxdiag shows the display driver as just "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter", with no DirectX features being available to me. "Driver model: unknown."

The processor in this laptop is an "E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics", so I figured this Crimson ReLive would download the appropriate drivers for it. I first tried installing version 17.4.4 and since that didn't work 17.6.2 but that did not help either.

On the HP site I found this https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ba000-notebook-pc-series/10862317/model/11612819 where for some reason I can only select Win10. I went ahead, because 2 of the 4 graphic drivers are not marked as Win10 versions while the others are.

However, trying to install those did not really help either and now I'm at a loss.

While this processor is certainly on the budget side of things, it should be able to have proper graphics acceleration support or not?

Thanks for any hints