I have a Sony Vaio VPCCB45FN Laptop, Find below the configuration,
Intel i5 2nd Gen
Dual GPU = Intel HD3000 and AMD Readon 6630M.
Factory OS = Windows 7 HP
I was facing a BSOD saying "video_tdr_failure atikmpag.sys" and it restarts. So I did a little bit of googling and found that the AMD driver is the culprit.
I booted into Safe Mode and unistalled AMD Driver from Device Manager and then the BSOD went away but my AMD GPU does not work as no driver is been installed.
From now every time I am installing the AMD driver I am getting the same BSOD.
- I tried removing all AMD/Intel driver and then installing the latest one from Intel/AMD Website
- Installed Windows 8.1 and Install the Latest Driver
- Installed Windows 8.1 and Install the Driver from Sony's website.
- Installed Windows 10 and Install the Driver from Sony's website.
- And to my surprise, when I am installing Windows 7HP from the recovery disc that I created after I bought the laptop, I am getting the same BSOD. As the recovery disc will automatically install the default AMD Driver.
- Expanded atikmpag.sy_ file to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
- I have tried latest drivers mentioned in this URL: Legacy
I have tried every possible result found in google, but still getting this BSOD. What is the issue and how can I fix this?